Chapter 77

Harry's POV

Today's the day - moving day! Although Avery and I have basically been living together for a few months, it's been on and off between apartments and I'm excited to just start fresh with her in a new place we can call home. It's a nice place, having everything we could possibly need. Bedrooms for guests, our own master with a beautiful master bath and a private balcony, our own patio to entertain on, and most importantly, lots of character. We'll need to spice it up to make it our own, but that'll be the fun part.

I stretch my legs a bit and run my fingers against Avery's tummy, where they're currently positioned. She's still asleep, rightfully so, considering our alarm hasn't gone off yet that's set for 6:30. The movers will be here at 8, but she wanted to be up and moving well before then to finish packing some stuff. I don't know why I always wake up so early. I think it's kind of an anxiety thing, especially on busy days. I don't want to accidentally sleep too long and miss something.

I close my eyes and continue to lay and hold Av, playing with her hair. She's sleeping so peacefully, which makes me happy, since she used to have nightmares there for a while. Things are better now, though.

Another 10 or so minutes go by, before the alarm set on my phone starts blaring obnoxiously. Avery groans and I immediately reach behind me to turn it off, the light on my phone screen being way too bright for my likings right about now.

Avery turns to face me, eyes tired as she gives me a sweet smile before nestling her head into my neck. We both fell asleep last night stark naked, after deciding we wanted to have sex one last time in our room before we move.

"Morning, angel," I say quietly, brushing my fingers through her hair.

"Mm good morning. How'd you sleep?" She mumbles against my skin, kissing the area lightly.

"Good, thank you. I've been awake for 20 or so minutes, just very excited for the day I guess. How'd you sleep?"

"I'm glad. I slept like a baby, I was so exhausted from all the last minute packing, but I'm glad we didn't leave any for today," she says while lifting her head up to look at me, eyes looking tired.

"Mmm me too," I mumble against her skin after placing a light kiss to her neck.

"Our last day waking up here," I remind her after a moment, and she sighs and rolls over fully so that her body's parallel to mine.

"Hey now. You're gonna make me sad and emotional when this is supposed to be a happy time," she pouts, and I chuckle.

"Oh my little pisces, you. Always so emotional," I chuckle, and she scoffs.

"Oh whatever. We just have so many memories here, is all," she says, pouting.

"I know, baby, I know. But we're going to make so many new ones in our new place. It'll be a fresh start," I tell her, petting the back of her hair. She smiles at this, nodding.

"Yeah, we will. I'm excited."

"Good, me too. Now, we're you gonna get in the shower before the movers come? I can pack up the bedding and go grab us coffee and some breakfast," I offer, and she nods against me.

"Yes, sounds perfect. I'm gonna need lots of caffeine to get through today," she says, and I laugh.

"I can second that."

*

Jeff offered to help us with the whole moving process, which I initially declined since moving is such a huge pain in the ass and I didn't want him to feel like he had to, but he insisted multiple times, so I gave in.