Chapter 4

Melody and Alastair had returned to school and tried to act as if nothing had happened. They received lingering looks and hushed whispers from other students but all stopped with a simple glare from Alastair.

Melody felt self conscious with all the eyes on her as she fumbled around her locker to get ready for first period. She felt a hand on her back and she immediately relaxed. "Let's go before I attack one of those losers." She nodded and shut her locker before following her best friend to class.

_______________

"Okay class, I've got a project for you." The class groaned upon hearing their teacher. "Oh, calm down, it's not like the normal researches you're assigned. You're going to work in pairs to visit a place which not many people have visited and told stories about. This will help you discover more about your environment and appreciate it." The teacher walked over to his desk and took a seat. "Any questions?"

One of the angels raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Is there a certain limit to our search quest? Or are we free to go wherever we want?"

"Of course not, you may go as far as you want to, feel free. Don't forget to take plenty of pictures and write down a description of the chosen place and why you think not many angels have visited it. You have two minutes to choose your partners and write them down on this paper."

Melody smiled and turned to look over at Alastair only to find him already sitting beside her desk. "When do you wanna start this?"

"Today!"

______________

"Hey, Miss Shalom!" Melody smiled as she rushed to Alastair's room for a quick change of clothes. "Sorry, we're in a bit of a hurry!"

"Don't you want to have dinner first?" Shalom yelled out.

"It's okay, mom, we'll eat out." Alastair answered his mom as he set his bag down and waited for Shalom.

"Well, you take care of her, alright?" She winked before disappearing into the living room.

"Mom!" He groaned.

"Yes, dad, I'll be completely safe, don't worry about me." Shalom descended the stairs wearing comfortable leggings and a shirt. "Yes. Yes. No. Of course. Bye."

Alastair took the bag of equipment and food he was packing and slung it over his shoulder. "You ready?"

Melody beamed at him, hopping excitedly. "Let's go!"

_______________

"Mhm." Melody hummed in delight as she took a final bite out of her burger. "This will always be my favorite place to eat burgers at."

"Definitely." He shoved down the last of his burger before leaning back and resting his arms against the booth. Melody took the chance to appreciate her friend's looks. His toned arms fell casually around the booth, making his shirt ride up slightly and reveal a sliver of his toned, muscled stomach. His blondish-brown hair fell over his electric blue eyes and his oh so soft looking lips which were...moving?

She snapped out of her trance and was brought back to reality. "Sorry, what did you say?"

"You're drooling." Alastair answered with a lopsided grin, his blues swirling with amusement.

Her eyes widened with horror as her hand shot up to wipe at her mouth, only to find it dry. "No I'm not." She glared at him before standing up. "I'm going to go wash my hands then we can go." She rushed to the bathroom without waiting for a response, wanting to escape the embarrassment of getting caught checking him out.

Alastair chuckled and asked for the bill.

_______________

"So, where are we going?" Melody asked.

He lifted her up slightly when he felt her slipping. "I honestly have no clue." He was walking around aimlessly with her on his back.

"We need to choose someplace that not many angels have went to. We need to choose a place so unvisited and make our project extra special." She said enthusiastically.

"Unvisited? Is that even correct?" He chuckled.

"How about the clearing we always go to? We've never come across anyone while we hung out there." Melody suggested and leaned over his shoulder to face him.

"No, absolutely not." He shook his head immediately. "That's our special spot and the last thing I need is people finding out about it."

Melody sighed and rested her head against his shoulder. "Yeah, you're right."

After a few minutes of walking in silence, Alastair perked up. "I know the perfect place to go."

"Where's that?" She perked up.

"Hell."

_______________

Here's another update. You like? or no like? leave your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote.

I love every single one of you! Your comments and kind words motivate me to get my butt out of bed and write a new chapter. Thank you all!