Chapter 11

Before any of the elders could try anything, a large figure landed with a loud thump in front of the four, large wings flaring intimidatingly and eyes glaring daggers at everyone who dares take a look.

"If anyone dares to come any closer to my mate and son, I'll personally make sure your death is the most merciful blessing you'd get."

Not long after, black-winged men and women surrounded their leader, staring daringly at the crowd of angels.

"You got your peace, you got my mate and son, you got all that you asked for, and yet you're still causing trouble." Lucifer's voice boomed in the silence. "We haven't attacked in fear of you hurting my mate, I didn't dare come any closer to the love of my life in fear of you hurting my mate. Heck, I missed my son's birth and his entire life in fear of you hurting my mate." His voice grew louder and thicker with emotion. "Yet you just now attempted to execute my son and even one of your own."

He flared his wingers wider and stood taller. "I'm done playing nice, I'm doing being held on a leash, I'm taking my mate and son and none of you will dare stop me." Just as he was about to turn around, the eldest elder stepped up to him.

"Do you really think I'll allow you to walk away this easily?" He sneered just as hundreds of angel guards charged at Lucifer and his demons.

"You want war? I'll give you war." Lucifer had enough, signaling his demons to fight back.

Screams tore through the silence and the angels ran around frantically, trying to get to safety. However, before a drop of blood could be shed, a blinding light stopped everyone in their tracks.

A woman with wings bigger than anyone's seen and an aura so bright it forced them to look down appeared out of the light. She had a godly presence which forced everyone on their knees, all except for Lucifer.

"Luna, I-we weren't expecting you." The oldest elder stammered.in surprised.

The Moon goddess merely smiled and reckoned him forward. "I suppose this is your doing?" She gestured around her.

"Oh, n-no I-Lucifer-"

"You mean you didn't order an execution on an angel as well as an innocent person even if they're a demon?" Her pointed stare met his downcast eyes. "The devil himself has been a better person than you have and you're the eldest elder in my council!" With a flick of her wrist, the man was on his knees, bound with an invisible force.

"We are creatures of peace, not war. Lucifer's mate and son were in danger and he did what any of you would've done in this situation. I must say, I'm disappointed that I had to intervene personally to end this feud. And I'm certainly disappointed in my council for allowing this." Guards escorted the bound elder away as he hung his head in humiliation.

"Lucifer, I apologize for this mishap. While you haven't been the best mate in the past, you've shown that you can be given a second chance, and I suggest you make the best of it." He merely nodded, still amazed by the literal Moon Goddess before him.

Before anyone could further dwell on the fact that the moon goddess had appeared, she disappeared into a burst of white light, leaving behind a flabbergasted crowd.

Lucifer couldn't process what had happened, but he didn't care enough to do so. He turned around and spotted his mate, alive and real, standing before him and not printed on a square paper. For the first time in 18 years, he stared back at her watering hazel eyes, and for the first time in 18 years, he embraced his mate as she ran into his arms. He wrapped his arm around her waist as the other gripper her golden brown hair, shoving his nose into her neck and inhaling her sweet scent. He couldn't hold himself back as he sobbed into her shoulder, not caring who was around to witness.

"Oh, Lucy," her soft voice said as she hugged him tighter to herself, "oh, how I've missed you."

He pulled away from her shoulder and she wiped at his tears. "I-I-" He tried to form a sentence but couldn't, still not believing that he finally got his mate back.

"Shh, shh, you don't have to say anything. There's someone who's been waiting to meet you for 18 years." She smiled. "Go see you son." She stepped aside and a boy came into his line of vision. His electric blue eyes were identical to his, and his demon-black wings were tucked behind his back. It was the same boy who was caught trespassing in his palace, and half-hidden behind his was his female accomplice.

"My...son." Lucifer tested the word on his tongue. "I have a son." His eyes glossed with unshed tears, and he cursed himself for being so weak at that moment.

Alastair took the first couple steps and stood in front of his father. "I've heard a lot about you." Why am I so awkward?

Lucifer cleared his throat. "All good things, I hope." Who am I kidding?

The pair stared at each other for what felt like forever before Alastair cracked and hugged his father, tucking his head into the larger male's chest. Lucifer sighed in content. "Let's go home."

____________________

PLEASE READ!

Making the title "The Devil's Rebound"

FINALLY A CHAPTER.

Guys you deserve way better than the crappy author that is me. I've been busy with exams and SAT and worrying about my future and netflix and reading.

Happy new year to all you amazing readers! Hope 2021 is a better year for everyone cuz 2020 ain't it.

I'm thinking of starting a "Go fund me" thingy cuz I have college fees coming up in less than a year and the economy in my country is a disaster. I don't want to make my story a paid story cuz it ain't that good honestly, and I wanna keep it free to those who can't pay. This way I'd leave it optional to those who'd like to support me.

Thank you for being amazing readers and I love you all very much!

follow my insta @ reginadoesbooks