Chapter 8

MDR

I watch my brother & his crew enter a hidden place hoping for the best, I switch my mirrors view to Law. I watch as he stumbles along the path lined with island life. Everything attempting to halt his advances. I grin to myself as those who followed him also meet the same confusing fate. Switching my view to Kid I watch as the ground opens up & swallows him. Only for the captain to activate his ability & climb out of the hole. I watch in awe as Kid struggles to aid each of those who followed him. As they too fall in the ground. After everyone is out of the holes I watch as Kid & the others take to the barren trees hoping to find relief from the deadly ground. Soon Kid & Law reach the same hidden place my brother & his crew disappeared into. I close my mirror & sigh as I can't see beyond the barrier my uncle placed around his hiding place.

Law

I stop at the entrance of a magnificent golden temple. Only to meet up with Kid who also stares at it.

"Captain! There's something here." Bepo shouts pointing at a gold plate with writings of the old language on it.

"Enter if you dare. -Gol D Roger" I read aloud hoping I deciphered it correctly.

"What should we do Captain?" Bepo asks.

While I'm thinking of a strategy I noticed that Kid has taken off into the temple.

"Crap. Off we go!" I call, following Kid into the temple.

The room we enter is made entirely of gold. A piano sits in a corner.

"Captain there's another plate here!" Bepo calls.

I stare at the plate for a while trying to decipher its words. When Kid starts pounding the walls as a crew mate of his pounds on the piano, making it hiss & scream in agony. The room starts to shake & fill with water.

"Kid you idiot! We're gonna die!" I shout. Watching as the room falls apart & drops us into the floor.

The room we fall into is dark & we landed on something soft.

"Captain where are we?" Bepo asks.

"I'm not sure." I glance up & spot a giant gold plate hanging above our heads.
I study it for a while before coming to the conclusion it's another message from Roger. I'm only able to make out part of the message. "Go forth & find my treasure. -Gol D Roger." I read aloud making Kid jump up & race into the darkness me right on his heels.