Chapter 11

Observer

Kid lands with a thud on the ground before the temple. A crater surrounds him. Kid slowly stands his head dizzy from the impact. Luffy charges forward in second gear. His body pink & smoke seeping out of him. "Gum-Gum jet pistol!" Luffy shouts as he stretches his arm backwards only to shoot it forward & into Kids Chest. Sending Kid spiraling backwards & into a tree 20 feet away. Luffy follows Kid's path of broken tree limbs & ground craters to a large Adam wood tree, its beautiful onyx black trunk & white flower blossoms a contrast to the deadly atmosphere around it.

"I will be king!" Kid shouts standing his devil fruit collecting any & all metallic objects around, which mostly consists of pots & pans & a few rusted swords & broken pistols.

"Oh my, that's a power I can't have distorting my island." Rose mumbles to herself as she watches her brother fight the third best pirate king candidate.

"What should I do?" She hums, drumming her fingers against the tree trunk whose branches she uses as an observation place.

"I am King!" Luffy calls back reading another punch. Drawing Rose's attention back to the battle.

"Luffy! The island hates fighting!" Nami reminds her captain, appearing breathless.

Just as the warning leaves the orange haired navigators mouth bright blue vines appear & slither around Luffy & Kid holding them in place.

"Luffy! Can you get out?" Nami calls.

"So weak." Luffy mumbles seemingly drained of energy.

"Fucking sea prism!" Kid angrily shouts. Testing the vines that only grip him tighter the more he struggles. While Luffy's act of weakness & inability to struggle against the vines has made them loosen.

Rose sneakers from her hiding place in the trees waiting for the moment to end the fighting. Nami rushes to aid her captain in ridding himself of sea prism vines. She expertly untangled the mess of vines allowing Luffy to freely move. Out of the tree line comes the remaining Straw Hat Pirates, the Heart Pirates & the Kid Pirates. The crews of each surround the dueling captains as if to see who will truly come out the Pirate King.

"Kid! Let's have a dance battle!" Luffy calls to the struggling pirate. Who momentarily stops fighting the vines to stare at Luffy.

"Why would we do that?"

"Cuz it's fun." Luffy grins widely.

"Fine!" Kid grumbles giving into Luffy's odd request.

"Hit it Brook!" Luffy calls. The Skeleton starts one of many songs. As Brook plays Luffy & Kid dance. They dance for many days & many nights. Luffy eventually learns how to eat & dance all while he sleeps. Kid refuses to sleep or eat, forcing Sanji to make him cold soup he can drink. The dance battle continues while the three crews get to know each other over food & booze. Until one, night a week after the battle started, Kid collapses from exhaustion. Brook who played for a week straight ends his final song with a shout, "Luffy wins!" All the soundly sleeping pirates are woken up & take in the strange sight. A sleep dancing Luffy & a passed out Kid. The battle finally ends with Monkey D. Luffy King of the Pirates.