Chapter 12

MDR

"Congratulations Luffy. You really are the King of the Pirates. This is yours now dear brother." I say to my brother the morning after his battle with Kid ends.

"What is this?" He asks inspecting the gold coin with a skull on one side & a treasure chest on the other. The coin hangs from a leather cord.

"I'm sure you know what it is. You are the king now." I smile giving my goofy baby brother a wink.

"It's the One Piece!" Luffy shouts realization dawning on his face as he holds the coin happily above his head.

"It is indeed." I smile again. Hugging my brother.

"Who are you?" He asks me. While his crew give him looks that could kill.

For the fouth time in a very long time, I answer that question, "I am Monkey D Rose. Your long lost older sister Luffy. I've been watching you. I am so very proud of you."

"But I don't have a sister." He states simply staring up at me with huge puppy dog eyes full of confusion.

"You do. I am so sorry I couldn't be with you when you needed someone. Father & Uncle made me swear not to interfere or reveal myself to you until you found your way here." I ramble hugging him close.

"Father? Uncle?" Luffy worms out of my grasp just enough to give me those questing eyes of his.

"Dragon & Roger, who else?" I say.

This earns all sorts of looks from the pirates around us. "GOL D ROGER IS YOUR UNCLE!" They all shout as one realization & surprise dawning on their faces. I laugh & Luffy stares at me completely confused. I realise my brother & motion everyone into the ship's galley.
"Sit. It's a long story. Sanji can you make some drinks?" I say.
"Yes Dear!" Sanji happily obeys doing a funny dance as he leaves for the kitchen.

"I was three when, father left me in the care of Uncle Roger & his friends. We lived on an island in the East Blue. The name I no longer remember. The island was beautiful. Trees & flowers bloomed all year round. We never ran out of fresh fruits & vegetables. My favorite was the giant Watermelons that grew. It was our island's specialty. Everyone came to us for a taste of the sweet, unusual fruit. That grew to the size of navy warships. Some even larger. One day our island was visited by a crew of pirates. Dangerous ones who wanted nothing more than to disturb our peaceful way of life. Uncle Roger & his friends chased the pirates away only for stronger & stronger pirates to return, year after year, our island was ransacked & destroyed by the pirates. I was twelve when Uncle Roger finally decided to take to the seas as a pirate in the hopes of protecting our island. He had meant to leave me behind but I decided to hide amongst his supplies. I stayed hidden on his first ship the Gray Goose. It was a small ship only big enough for Uncle & his friends.Of course Uncle found me on the ship at the first Island he & his friends stopped at. At which point it was too late for them to turn back. So I was made an official member of the Roger Pirates.
The ship lasted us long enough to reach Skypiea. The return trip had her in the grave. She got us as far as The Sinking City before we had to search for a new one. Our Adventure through the city had us meeting all sorts of people. One of them became our shipwright for a time, his name was Tom. He also built our new ship the Oro Jakson. He was with us until we made it to Sabaody Archipelago. He showed us around, & found us someone to coat the ship, the ship coaster's aprintance joined us when they were done. Tom returned to his home in the Sinking City to continue training his sons. We spent many years traveling the seas. We found all sorts of things from floating sky islands, to sunken treasures, & islands time never touched. To places no one but us, The Roger Pirates have seen. We went to distant lands & partied with strange creatures, making friends & enemies wherever we stopped. Those were the good times. Then as we were preparing to leave this island, Uncle Roger fell ill. The Doc couldn't help him so Uncle set sell one last time, in a dingy. He sailed for the nearest Navy vessels & turned himself in. Just so he could tell others of the amazing adventures the seas held. So with his dieing words & unforgettable smile he started the Great Pirate Era. Which has led us here." I smile, sipping on my tea. The Pirates stare at me awestruck as well as confused.

"How old are you?" One of the Kid Pirates asks earning a fiery kick from Sanji & death stares from the females around. I laugh.

"Take a guess." I smile mysteriously at the pirate.

"20s?" Sanji answers, flattery in his eyes.

"I wish." I giggle.

"I would have to guess, 40s." Robin says certainty in her eyes.

"You would be correct Miss Robin."

"Let's party! I'm King of the Pirates!" Luffy calls.

"Not yet brother. First hold up the One Piece & sit somewhere comfortable." I instruct & Luffy races out of the Galley & towards the ship's figureheads. I followed my brother out, a broadcast snail in hand.

"Hook us up Usopp!"

"Yes mam!" After a few seconds of fiddling Usopp gives me the okay. I flip on the snail & speak, "I Monkey D Rose, Former Member of the Roger Pirates & Protector of the One Piece, I find Monkey D Luffy worthy of the title Pirate King! He has traveled the four seas & conquered all of Gol D Roger's tests. Here he stands atop Oro Jakson's figureheads wearing the One Piece! Pirates of the seas! I present to you Your New King! MONKEY D LUFFY!" I call out holding the snail above my head zooming in on my brothers grinning face & sparkling eyes as he stares out at the sea, the One Piece around his neck, his crew behind him.

"King Luffy, what's the first order of business?" I ask playfully already knowing the answer.

"Party time! Brook hit it!" Luffy calls as Brook starts the famous pirate song Brinks' Brew. I place the snail on a rock so it can observe the festivities as I join in. Sanji & the cooks from the other crews pass food around while Zorro laughs & drinks, handing everyone a mug of booze. The festival of the new pirate king lasts for weeks on the small unknown island. The island that was once my home, is now the resting place of the Oro Jakson & my Uncle. This island is once again the most sought after destination of all pirates.

Luffy stays on the island for two years with his crew before setting off again. Back to explore more of the world. I decided to tag along. Wanting to spend the rest of my days with my baby brother & his amazing crew of friends.

Nami: 2 years later

A newspaper Seagle squawks above the Thousand Sunny eager to drop a paper. I expertly flick a coin up to it & the bird catches the coin at the same time it realises my paper.

"LUFFY!" I shout excitedly as I come across the wanted posters.

The poster reads in bold letters:

Monkey D Luffy, King of the Pirates

Wanted Dead or Alive

100 Billion Berries

With a photo of Luffy grinning atop the Oro Jakson mermaids.

Luffy madly cackles & the crew stare at the poster in utter amazement.
"Let's go!" Luffy calls taking his place on Sunny's lion head. Grinning madly.

The End!