Chapter 4 - Day 3 At Walmart

Theodore woke up, during his peaceful, well, not really sleep. He had a scary nightmare about the hair eating monster, and in the dream, there was a weird alarm sound. It was quiet. But was Theodore still hearing it? No, maybe it's his mind. Dave would always let him in his bed if he had a nightmare. But, Dave wasn't here, so Theodore decided to stay in bed, and remembered one of Simon's books from the library that he picked up off the floor. It fell and landed on a page. Theodore read a bit of it. The page stated, "If you sleep on your back or belly you would get weird dreams." Theodore often laid on his side. Weird is better than scary, Theodore thought. But what if it was weird AND scary?

Alvin and Simon woke up due to a sliding door and talking. They saw Theodore still sleeping, or maybe he was just trying to sleep.

Theodore looked up at them. "Do you hear something?" Alvin asked Simon and Theodore in a whisper. "I don't know if I'm dreaming or not. Let's check downstairs."

But first, they listened to the conversation of the unknown visitors. "Where are they?" "Maybe they're not up yet." "It's really dark out there." "We don't want to disturb them, right?"

So the Chipmunks tried to creep down the stairs as quiet as Dave's computer when it breathes, or even more quieter then that. The voices became more familiar as they stepped down the stairs. It was the Chipettes!

"What are you doing up so early?" Theodore asked the Chipettes. "It's 4:06!"

The Chipmunks and Chipettes were both quiet for about a minute. The Chipettes told the Chipmunks about their alarm clock.

"Maybe your alarm clock is broken," Simon suggested.

The Chipettes went up to the treehouse to investigate. "Let's test it to see if it is a battery problem," Jeanette whispered as they were walking in the dark to the Chipettes' treehouse with a bright yellow flashlight. It feels like you have to whisper in the dark. "If you put the clock on to the current time, and when you come back from work it isn't the correct time, we need new batteries," Jeanette told them all. "And if it needs batteries, we have them in our treehouse." Jeanette saw batteries in a toolbox somebody probably left in the treehouse while they were building it.

The Chipmunks didn't feel like doing anything. They lay in their beds, waiting for time to go to work. They've already made themselves cereal, brushed their teeth, and got their clothes on, and it was 7:17. The Chipettes have already left the house 2 minutes ago and were going to be early to work.

"We should go to work now," whispered Theodore. The sun was currently blocked by the clouds today and it was going to rain.

"It might start to rain before we get out the door," Simon agreed.

"Theodore is right." Alvin also agreed with Simon and Theodore. He wouldn't want to get his fur all wet, especially if he was working in the electronics section.

Alvin drove fast to work today, almost as fast as a cheetah that is wet and has ran out of breath. He usually went as fast as a person that is jogging, but today was different. It started drizzling outside. Luckily, Alvin sneaked a bag of some Cheetos in his pocket. He secretly started eating them on the way to his work stations. Alvin didn't see many customers at the electronics department, but as he wondered through the store, he saw many people at Simon and Jeanette's cash registers. Not many people were at the others, and cash registers 3, 4, 7, 8, and 10 weren't open yet. Alvin also saw the items that the people were buying looked useless, like 1 apple was in somebody's bag.

"That's why Simon was so sad yesterday," murmured Alvin. "Stupid fans put a bit of pressure on him.." He rushed back to the electronics section. Luckily, nobody was there yet.