Chapter 5 - Day 4 At Walmart

Alvin was phoning Walmart, calling in sick. Simon could hear him in the kitchen, and he was wondering why. Theodore was outside getting the scooter from the garage. Simon went through the front door, and told Theodore, "We should get going." "But what about Alvin?" asked Theodore. "Did he call in sick or something?"

Simon said, "Yes, he did. I'm not sure why though." So instead of Alvin driving the scooter, Theodore did. It was a quiet ride on the way to Walmart today. Mostly because Alvin was a bit noisy on the way to work, and Alvin wasn't here. "On the weather, it said it would be cloudy for the next 3 days!" said Simon.

After Simon and Theodore came to work, the Chipettes were probably already there. "What took you so long?" Brittany asked, losing her patience. "And where's Alvin?" She was also concerned for Alvin.

Theodore answered, "Alvin called in sick today." After their short daily meeting, Brittany's job was switched.

"You'll get your job changed, Brittany," Jack, the employee that took the Chipettes to their jobs on the first day proclaimed.

But Brittany begged, "But-"

"To the electronics department," He continued. "Don't play with any of the technology." Brittany sighed. She couldn't really argue with Jack because there was a chance of all of them to lose their jobs.

At the deli, Jack was taking over Alvin's job for the day. A poor old lady asked, "Do you sell any cheese? I've been waiting 2 days for some cheese." They got more cheese last night after the other cheese went bad.

"Of course we do. There was just a new shipment last night," Jack told the poor old lady. "And the cheese was hidden by that damn sassy Chipmunk." Jack weighed the cheese and told the old lady how much it costs. The lady went off to the bakery.

At the bakery. the old lady bought a few lemon danishes. Theodore always thought flavours had personalities. Like, strawberry was a sweet, quiet, and calm flavour, while lemon was noisy, speedy, and cool. "Do you think flavours have personalities?" Theodore questioned the woman while using the scoop to scoop up the danishes. They were made and shipped here just today.

The lady replied, "Indeed, I have thought that since I was a kid." She paid the cost for the danishes and rushed over to the electronics.

The electronics department wasn't busy as the old lady thought. Brittany asked. "What are you looking for?"

And the lady told Brittany, "I'm looking for the new Muffin Ramen movie." Muffin Ramen was a very popular movie in Canada, Brittany noticed. In the stores, people were talking about it in stores.

After thinking, Brittany remembered that it didn't come to Walmart's shelves until tomorrow. "Oh," remembered Brittany. "It will come on Walmart's shelves tomorrow."

After that, the old lady bought a new dvd of movies called The Straight Walker. "I will be back tomorrow!" she replied back to Brittany. After jumping out of her seat, Brittany picked up a few things in boxes that fell on the floor. People need to start picking up for theirselves, she thought.

The Old Lady's shopping cart was filled with things needed for a get-together, and was at Simon's checkout. The old lady put her items on the scanner and Simon scanned them. The old lady noticed poor Eleanor being a greeter.

"That poor other one over there," The old lady said to Simon. Simon and Jeanette both nodded and agreed to this. They heard a couple insults while they were working at the cash registers.

Jeanette joined in and stated, "I hope she doesn't take it to heart, she's pretty strong."

All the things the lady bought costed $24.38. Before she left, she bent down to Eleanor's small 9 cm high body, and patted her head. "You did a good job," whispered the old lady. She walked out the door. The lady was right. The area looked very clean, at least for a rainy day. There were no muddy footprints seen on the floor..

Eleanor was looking at a few teenagers. "PROVE IT!" The one with the skateboard and the skull toque yelled. Simon muttered, "You guys seriously don't wanna buy anything."

"Finally!" sighed Simon, jumping into the miniature Bender Brothers scooter with Theodore. Simon drove the electric scooter on the way home.

"Alvin will be okay, right?" asked Theodore.

Simon replied, "Sure he will, it's just some fangirl stress put on him." They drove silently for the rest of the time home.

As Theodore yawned, he officially stated, "I'm hungry." Simon and Theodore went into the house and thought about what they should eat. They made a list and decided on microwave spaghetti. As the spaghetti was getting microwaved, Brittany came into the house nervously and went upstairs and opened a door.

Alvin was playing some video games on his red laptop when Brittany walked in.

Alvin asked, "What are you doing here, Brittany?" There was a beeping noise downstairs, which meant that the spaghetti was done.

Brittany looked around the room and then responded with a "Because." She never told Alvin why. She sat on Alvin's bed. Simon and Theodore were sitting on the stairs so Alvin and Brittany could have some alone time. "Well Britt, I feel like talking to you about this," Alvin confessed. "I don't want people to think I quit my singing career..So I stand quiet and don't want people to notice". Brittany smiled.

"Well Alvin, you don't have to," Brittany exclaimed as she wrapped her arm around Alvin. "You can be yourself and face the papparazzi like you always do, and don't worry about it. Be a shooting star. I have to tell you something else, as well."

Alvin and Brittany smiled at eachother and Alvin put his head on Brittany's shoulder. "Thanks Britt," thanked Alvin. "What do you need to tell me?"

"Later," whispered Brittany.

Simon and Theodore came into the room when they thought Alvin and Brittany were finished talking. They quickly got into the positions that they were in when they started talking. "Well, our dinners are ready," Theodore told Alvin and Brittany.

They all went downstairs and Brittany went back to the treehouse. "I think we should learn how to use a can opener," Alvin suggested. "We need to learn how to open canned peas!"

In Dave's living room, The Chipmunks and Chipettes were making pretty cards for Dave when they were going to go to the hospital on Saturday. "Let's put lots of glitter on it," Brittany said to her sisters.

Brittany was drawing a flower with a pink marker. She started on the pebbles. Jeanette was drawing a purple butterfly with gorgeous blue sparkles. And Eleanor, she was drawing a tree with brown and light green. Suddenly, Brittany needed the green for her stem. She was getting a bit impatient and she was tired as well. Eleanor had the green and Brittany grabbed it out of her hand. "Hey!" Eleanor yelled. "I was using that!"

The Chipmunks looked over. Theodore wondered, are they gonna put words on that or not. Alvin, Simon, and Theodore were putting on words. Jeanette looked over at Simon. Simon smiled. Jeanette whispered something about words. Alvin whispered, "They're copying us!" Simon and Theodore knew what he was thinking and gave Alvin a look saying "good idea, Alvin." The Chipmunks got some glitter and put it all over the card.

"It looks great!" said Alvin.

They let it dry on the table and told The Chipettes that they were going to hit the hay. The Chipettes were still drawing and putting glitter on the card. Finally, the chipettes were done their card. They put it on the table and went outside to their treehouse. Brittany was taking a shower, Eleanor was putting some dirty clothes in the hamper. Jeanette was putting on her blue pajamas and fell asleep. Soon, Eleanor and Brittany fell asleep as well. They were looking forward to visiting Dave.