Chapter 6 - Day 5 At Walmart

Alvin woke up early at 5:56, 4 minutes until the alarm blared. Alvin hated when this happened. Why couldn't he stay asleep for 4 more minutes? He sat in his bed, and groaned. He thought about what Brittany said yesterday. Okay, he told himself with his feet dangling off the bed. I'll be a shooting star.

Simon and Theodore woke up as well at the time. They didn't hate it as much as Alvin did though. They got out of their beds and went to have some assorted cereal.

"Alvin, can you PLEASE pass the milk?" begged Theodore. Alvin was busy thinking how he would act around the Canadian Alvin fans. It would make that Walmart rich! Alvin would be rich! Maybe they'd get extra money instead of their regular $8.00 they get every hour.

While Alvin was having his beautiful daydream, Simon just grabbed the milk instead and gave it to Theodore. "Hey!" Alvin cried. Theodore poured the milk onto the cereal and ate it up. The boys heard the door open.

The Chipettes came into the house. "I just had this greatest idea for Walmart!" exclaimed Brittany. "You know how all the employees have those vests and blue shirts? We should get our own!" Jeanette and Eleanor nodded. Alvin rolled his blue eyes. Simon and Theodore just stared. "That way, we will be thought of differently," she continued. Brittany always got ideas that led them into an adventure but sometimes, they helped out a lot.

"It's almost 6:30! We have to go soon!" Eleanor yelled, interrupting their current conversation.

All of the chipmunks went into the garage and got their electric scooters. Alvin shouted, "We'll race you guys to Walmart!"

Alvin drove fast as he could on the scooter to the far away Walmart. Brittany tried to go faster than Alvin. "We can beat him!" she shouted to her sisters.

Jeanette murmured, "We should get seatbelts if this continues on."

Alvin finally got to Walmart, and The Chipettes weren't there yet. Yes, we must've beat them, Alvin thought. The clock in Walmart said 6:39. When the minute hand moved to 6:40, they saw a bright pink scooter zoom into the parking lot, and the chipettes parked their scooter next to the abandoned bike rack in the back, like always.

"We have an idea!" They all said in unison. Brittany explained her brilliant idea to the management. The manager put his hand on his chin.

"They will be ready on monday," The management replied. "And Alvin, you're working at the deli." They went to their stations.

Alvin didn't have many customers, but the customers enjoyed his company instead of Brittany's. "Sure, have 2 pounds of cheese," he told the customers. "It's only $9.04, including tax!"

Everyone would like and appreciate a chipmunk that told people how much the cheese would cost including tax before it appeared on the screen. Alvin never realized how fun it was to sit on the counter in Walmart, waiting for eager customers.

"Hey!" some kid with a black tank top and camo pants shouted. "Do you know that lame girl chipmunk that was here 2 days ago?" Alvin clenched his fists. Lame? Alvin really enjoyed Brittany's company, even if it meant them having atrocious arguments. "Lame?" Alvin yelled. He shook his head.

"Yeah right."

Then, Alvin got a genius idea. "Well, that's your opinion," Alvin told the camo pants guy. The camo pants guy walked away, stunned at how Alvin handled himself. "Jerks," muttered Alvin, when the guy was out of earshot.

Simon and Jeanette were working hard, like always.Then, the guy with the skull toque came back, buying a jumbo box of of a no-name cereal. Ha, nice try, Simon thought. Simon felt like teasing him. The skull toque guy went to Jeanette. Jeanette bit her lip and right at that moment, Simon knew exactly what she was thinking. Simon gulped. As Simon was scanning someones cream cheese, lettuce, salsa, salad, and cookies, Jeanette was about to scan the guy's cereal.