Part 5: Having Fun

The set continues and we all know that they're expending a ton of energy. That was when Suga mentions the key factor, they're having fun. The game continues and I can tell that Kageyama and Hinata are going to win with Tanaka on their side. So, once they do, I feel like a proud mother. I'm hanging out with Suga and Daichi when Tanaka starts telling them that they're psychic. They both deny it and once Daichi is done explaining what he was hoping for Suga tells them that I'm the psychic like a proud mother.

"Besides, if anyone is psychic it's Nat-chan! She knew that Hinata would close his eyes during the spike. She called the outcome of the match before it started too!" Suga says and then he ruffles my hair like a loving parent. 

"I'm not psychic either! I'm just observant enough to figure out Hinata's personality! That's all!" I complain and Suga laughs at me like I'm the most adorable thing out there. That's when Daichi cuts in.

"Yeah, but you also predicted the outcome of the match didn't you?" He asks and I blush as he ruffles my hair even more.

"Yeah but that was based off knowing each player's strengths the way I did! Besides! It wasn't all that fair of a match anyway! You had a highly defensive team that didn't have the best serves against a highly offensive team with an excellent server!" I complain and Daichi laughs saying that I'm right but then something comes to his mind.

Daichi goes off to Tsukishima and hands him his sweater. I see Hinata and Kageyama trying to hand in their club application forms when Daichi shouts at the manager. "Kiyoko! They should be here right!" He calls and she nods her head in affirmation before taking out a box and opening it. 

Hinata pulls out a jacket that says "Karasuno High School Volleyball Club" on the back with the stupidest look on his face.  Suga is talking to Tsukishima and is telling him to put it on which he declines. Then Tanaka and the rest of us force him to with the power of peer pressure. Kikyo walks over to me with the box and hands me the last one. "Here you go Nat-chan. I think I got you the right size, tell me if you need a replacement," She tells me and I smile at her brightly.

"Of course, thank you Kiyoko-senpai!" I say excitedly and get a stare from Daichi. I look at him and the realization hits me before I turn back around and correct myself. "Oh, right, sorry, Kiyoko!" She smiles at me and I swear it's like an angel is, I know I'm not the only one who felt this way because Tanka is swooning over her smile.

All the first years line up and I'm stuck between Kageyama and Tsukishima. Hinata breaks from the line to model himself in the jacket to Suga and Tanaka making me laugh slightly. Hinata and Kageyama go to practice when a man runs through the gym doors excited and happy, holding a piece of paper in his hand. I feel myself grow super happy as I hear that we have a practice game against Aniki and Nīsan's school. Then I realize that's probably only because my brother and Iwaizumi begged the coach to accept it so they could see my team in action. 

That's when I heard the condition was that Kageyama had to be the setter for the whole game and I knew that my brother had asked by himself. "Oh, that's a relief but, Nīsan knows and is probably going to ask about it on the way home today. He's probably gonna make some remark about how stupid Aniki is though I can't blame him. After all, I was doing the same thing just a moment ago. But then there's the fact that he got the wrong impression of the team's dynamic with me and my brother probably thinks that I'm dating Tobio or something. That means that he'll be extra ruthless and unless I'm there I doubt that we'll be able to win," I mutter this to myself and Tsukishima places a hand over my mouth from next to me.

"You really can't shut up can you, nerd?" He asks and I sigh before licking his hand as they all say, "Right" simultaneously. "Gross, what are you five?" He asks disgusted and I smile up at him, responding from my past in America.