Part 14: The Return of Saltyshima

I walk into the classroom with worry etched into my face. Kei had avoided me the entirety of practice that morning and most of the time we spent talking to each other, he was being saltier than I had ever seen him, luckily I had a comeback for everything he said to me. "Sorry, I didn't see you there. You're just too short," He told me and I gave him a smirk that was so salty salt would hate it. 

"Well, I'm glad you're tall! It gives me more of you to dislike!" I had retorted confidently and every time he would pour some salt on me I quickly retorted with something that usually shut him down, that is, until class started. 

"I thought that you couldn't get to close to the floor, you sure proved me wrong," Saltyshima said to me as I tripped on a classmate's outstretched foot. I picked myself up off the ground and walked over to the blonde beanpole.

"What is your problem today?" I ask leaning on his desk and the look in his eyes says he's hiding something. "Fine, Saltyshima, don't talk to me. But don't expect me to talk to you either. And to think I cared about you and wanted you to be happy. You proved me wrong didn't you," I replied sitting down in my seat next to him and started to formulate a plan in my head. 

The break came and I started to put my plan in action, all the others had already left so I looked over and saw Saltyshima's dearest headphones resting by his bag like every other day. I picked them up and replaced them with a note I had written him during class that said "Catch me if you can Saltyshima! -Natalie". I ran out of the room and passed said Saltyshima, luckily for me, he didn't see the pair of white Somy headphones in my hand. I continued to run until I found an empty classroom to hide in.

Saltyshima found me instantly and corned me in the said empty classroom. "Give me back my headphones," He said with a low growl to his voice and I just backed away from him.

"Says the jerk who won't stop being salty to the only girl who ever thought that your personality was okay. You've been rude to me all day now spill the beans on what's happening!" I say to him louder on the second part and before I realize what's happening the Beanpole is across the room. He stands in front of me and I back up until I hit the wall. His hand grabs his headphones but I refuse to lose my grip on them, knowing that they might break if he pulls too hard he just holds onto it.

"Let go or I'm kissing you," He says darkly and I let out a huff from my nose as my anger builds up.

"Yeah, sure, like the guy who can't even hold my hand would kiss me," I retort and I notice his face flush as he leans in closing his eyes. Before I can even react his soft lips are on mine and the shock causes me to let go of his headphones. He pulls away and slips them around his neck as my fingertips brush against my lips, not fulling believing what just happened.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures, Shittykawa. It's not like I wanted for it to go this far," He said as he walked out the door.

I do my best to regain my cool as I walk out of the classroom and on my way down the stairs I run into an unaware Suga. I look into his eyes and quickly apologize. "Sorry, Suga! I was distracted and not looking where I was going," I say and he looks at me confused.

"Is something wrong?" He asks motherly and I let out a small sigh.

"That obvious huh?" I ask with a sad smile adorning my features. "Well, Saltyshima was being even more of a jerk to me than normal and I got fed up with it so I took his headphones and ran. he caught up to me and he said he would kiss me if I didn't give him his headphones. I didn't believe him but, uh, he kept his word, then he walked out and said-" I say but my breath hitches as I remember the words he used, making what was a happy thing into something unbearably sad.