CH 1: Mmm... yummy blood

Three years.

That was how long it had been since the failed mission.

Three long years since the youngest member of the Bat family had been possessed by a demon.

Over one thousand days since the last sighting of Richard Grayson.

Any and all attempts to track him down had fallen short, the demon possessed boy seemingly vanishing into thin air whenever the Justice League thought they had a lock on his location. In fact, the only reason why they were sure he was still alive at all was the ever-growing trail of bodies.

The destruction had formed a pattern; weeks of nothing followed by a sudden and gruesome massacre, entire cities being wiped out practically in the blink of an eye, too fast for the League to react. And, by the time they arrived, the boy would be gone, leaving devastation in his wake.

City after city, the destruction spread, sewing fear into the hearts of everyday citizens.

Crimson is what they called him, after the bloodshed that followed his each and every appearance. Gradually, the name had spread, evoking fear at its mere whisper.

After all, no one knew how he picked his target cities, or where he would appear next. All they knew was that where he went, cities flooded with crimson blood, announcing where he had been like a dark stain slowly spreading across the world.

The people feared him, and rightly so.

Blüdhaven, 2:37am, November 18

Blood splattered onto the walls, crazed laughter echoing from the depths of the alleyway and out onto the street as Crimson finished playing with his latest victim. The elderly man really had not been too much of a challenge. In fact, he had approached Crimson willingly, attempting to corner the weak looking boy.

What an idiot.

He had deserved to get his head smashed in.

With a loud sigh, Crimson kicked the body. "This is boring. You were boring. Stupid smelly pervert." Shoes squelching in the puddle of blood and mess of vital organs, he turned away, fixing his gaze upon the alleyway exit.

More people were out there.

Maybe they would be more interesting.

As Crimson stepped out onto the street, he loosened his control over the body, eyes returning to their natural brilliant blue.

Dick's eyes went wide as he noticed where he was, saw the crowded street of people, most with their attention focused on him. This was not good. He could see, could think, but he could not turn away, could not leave. He knew all too well what would happen next.

It had been happening over and over again for years, and, as much as he fought it, Dick knew that it was inevitable. There was nothing he could do to stop it; all he could do was watch the carnage unfold.