(2016) Chapter 1

AN: I would just like to state that the original prologue was posted in April 2016... this chapter happened in October of that year. Just... let that update schedule sink in for a moment. It only got worse from here xD

A/N: Wow... Look at this! An update! Sorry for my absence, I was on summer break and have discovered that I update when there is homework to avoid XD *looks pointedly at my Chemistry homework* Anyway, enjoy the update! ~The Sky

Three years.

That's how long it had been since the hospital massacre, and there had still been no progress in capturing or identifying the killer. In fact, it was nearly impossible to even track him. All the Justice League knew was that he was on the move, going from city to city, a trail of dead bodies following him wherever he went.

Crimson is what they called him, the name coming from the blood that always seemed to be shed whenever he encountered anything living, cities flooded with crimson blood announcing where he had been like a dark stain slowly spreading through the world.

Blüdhaven, 2:37am, November 18

The blood splattered onto the walls, crazed laughter echoing out of the alleyway and onto the street as the killer, known as Crimson, slit the throat of yet another victim.

People on the street turned to look into the dark alley, their eyes widening as a young boy stepped out of the shadows, his black hair long and tangled, his skin a deathly pale color. Blood was smeared all over his dark clothing, and the shadows seemed to cling to him as if he somehow belonged to them.

A young woman stepped forward, approaching the boy. "Are... Are you alright, little one? What happened? Are you hurt?" She asked, her voice soothing and calm, quavering slightly at the end.

The boy looked up, his brilliant blue eyes wide and fearful. "P-please... R-run... I-I... I-it isn't..." His urgent words were broken off as his eyes rolled back into his head, an eerie cackle escaping his lips. His eyes snapped back, now a deep red color.

The lady had come closer as he was speaking, but now took a quick step back, looking at the child in fear. "What... What are you?" She asked, eyes wide.

The boy contained cackling, shadows swirling around his small body. He looked at the lady, meeting her eyes. "Who? Me? I'm your worst nightmare. I am the Crimson killer." He said, his voice devoid of emotion as the shadows lunged forward, impaling the woman in multiple places. They withdrew and she fell to the ground, blood pooling around her body.

His laughter was cut short as his eyes flickered back to blue, Dick taking control for a moment, sinking to his knees as he saw the woman lying still on the street. "N-no... I-I..." He clutched his head, trying to fighting against the demon inside.

The rest of the people stared in horror before panic spread through them, people pushing and shoving to clear the street, screams of terror filling the street.

"I-I'm sorry..." Dick whispered, his eyes going back to red as the demon took control again. "It's time to die." He said emotionlessly, his voice echoing throughout the city like a bell tolling their deaths. The shadows spreading out as he stood and began walking through the town, the cries of his victims echoing through the air.

"Please... Stop... I-I... I can't take it anymore... Please..." Dick whispered, cringing at the screams that filled his head, shrinking further back into the depths of his mind to get away from the agonizing sounds.

Crimson chuckled darkly. "Child, you should know better then to ask that. Remember what happened last time?"

Dick fell silent, curling up and staring around at the red walls that kept him trapped inside his mind, only allowing him to break out occasionally, or letting him out only when the demon wanted him to. He hated it when the demon let him out, when he made him watch people die in his hands, the blood slowly seeping out of their bodies, their eyes filled with utter agony as they writhed in pain before going still and lifeless.

Crimson smirked, continuing to walk through the streets that were quickly filling with blood. He walked over the bodies filling the streets as if they were nothing but piles of garbage, stepping on mangled limbs, his bare feet sloshing through the rivers of blood. "That's what I thought." He said, spotting a child who had somehow escaped from death.

He approached the small boy, watching as he cowered away in fear. A sadistic smirk spread across his face and he knelt down next to him, holding out a blood soaked hand. "Hello, little one. Are you scared?" He asked, his voice sounding sickly sweet.

The boy flinched away, eyes wide with terror. "L-leave me alone, m-monster!" He screamed, kicking at him.

Crimson growled softly, his eyes seeming to glow slightly as the shadows darkened around him. "You are going to regret that, brat." He hissed, grabbing the boy's neck and holding him up with unnatural strength, pinning him against the wall.

The child struggled violently in his grasp, his struggles slowly weakening as he was unable to breath, pulling at the hand around his neck frantically.

The demon laughed evilly, continuing to strangle him, watching the boy's struggles in amusement, as if his death was the funniest thing he had seen in days. As the boy slowly went limp, the demon gave Dick back control, letting him out of his mind just as the boy died.

Dick stared at the dead child that he was pinning to the wall, tears springing into his eyes. He quickly released his grip, the boy's body sliding to the ground, not breathing. Dick sunk to his knees next to him, frantically trying to do CPR, tears streaming down his cheeks.

The demon chuckled in his mind. "See, boy? This is what happens when you try to resist me. This child's death is your fault. All of this death is your fault."

Dick shook his head frantically, continuing to try to revive the dead body, his hands pressing up and down on the child's chest, his eyesight blurred with tears. "P-please... N-no more..." He whispered softly, sobbing.

Eventually, he stopped trying to bring back the boy, looking away from the small body and turning to look the street behind him. Blood trickled down the walls, dark puddles of the liquid filling the streets, mangled bodies scattered everywhere.

He stood shakily, the sole living person in the entire city. He stared up at the sky, tears trickling down his cheeks as he let out a scream of anguish before the demon took control again, shutting Dick back up in his mental prison.

Dick sighed softly, staring at the red walls that once again surrounded him. Someone... Please save me...

Crimson chuckled darkly at the boy's plea, wiping his eyes to get rid of his host's pitiful tears, and looking around at all the blood, smirking proudly.

This was his doing.

His crimson flood.

A/N: So... Yeah... I am messed up. XD

What do you guys think? Is Crimson awesome or what? Let me know what you think in the comments! Please vote, comment, and read! Love you guys, and see you next time! Sky out. ~The Sky