CH 3: Murdery shadow boy

Shadows enveloped the city as the two super-powered people fought for victory, one large and bulky, dressed in a horrible looking body suit, the other small and skinny, wearing a simple hoodie and jeans.

If hero outfits were anything to go by, then Superman had it in the bag, after all, he did have a cape. However, it was quickly growing clear that capes did not prove power, as Crimson was doing just fine in his hoodie and even seemed to be gaining the upper hand.

"Ready to die, Superturd? I think you would look so much better as a pile of bloody bones and guts~" Crimson taunted, lips twisted into an ever creepier smile as he launched shadows at the food, the spears of darkness hardening as they neared the hero, ready to taste his blood.

The man of steel dodged the shadows, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "You will not kill me. Dick won't let you. I will save him from you."

Crimson cackled, the horrible sound sending chills down Superman's back. "Awe~ How sweet, thinking that the little bird is alive enough to help you. He's not. In fact, you're weakening him further by fighting me. Do you want to be responsible for the boy's death? Sure you don't just wanna sit back and let me kill you?"

"You're lying." Superman spat, although he did pause at Crimson's words, the moment of hesitation more than enough for Crimson's shadows to strike. One speared through his shoulder, red lightning crackling through the shadow storm as Crimson's eyes glowed brighter.

The demon licked his lips, watching in amusement as the super food stumbled. "Mmm... I've never tasted Kryptonian blood before. I like it. Give me more."

Superman gritted his teeth, his wound remaining completely unhealed even after the shadows moved away. "What did you do?" He asked, taking a shaky step forward only to find his knees buckling. It was nearly all he could do to stay upright. This was not normal. He had never faced anything like this before.

"Oh? That? Nothing, really... just me stealing your blood and absorbing your powers. No biggy." Crimson smirked at him, lunging for the hero with new strength and vigor.

Superman barely managed to dodge the attack, sweat beading on his brow as he sprung into the air. If he could just fly away... regain some strength...

Crimson's laugh echoed behind the hero, shadows enveloping the boy as he too flew upward, the darkness leeching away any sunlight, leaving the hero completely surrounded and unable to absorb sunlight to regenerate.

They flew higher, and yet the shadows continued to hide the sun, the increasing altitude doing little to hinder the demon as he pursued the ever-weakening Superman. The hero dodged and weaved, but the shadows were faster, and each strike left him more drained than the last.

Although Superman was considered one of the powerhouses of the Justice League, he really was no match for the demon, especially since his own attacks seemed to do little in the way of slowing Crimson down.

He could not use deadly force, could not risk seriously injuring Dick, and that put him at an even more serious disadvantage. This was not going to end well.

"You should give up, Supes. I really don't think being a hero is your calling. You should totally look into journalism. And maybe a pair of glasses." Crimson snickered, tossing more shadow blades toward the weakening hero.

Superman grimaced as the shadows cut into his thigh, barely managing to dodge away from the rest. He did his best not to show how shocked he was at the demon's words. Did this mean that he had full access to Dick's memories? That could be dangerous.

If Crimson did know his true identity, then that meant he also knew the identities of most if not all of the Justice League. Superman needed to take him down.