The Dragon and The Shrimp Pt. 2

~Gajeel POV~

For some reason, I couldn't shake the sting of her hand against my cheek. Hell yeah it hurt, but I also knew I deserved a lot worse than a smack from the shrimp. I decided to suck it up. I needed to be punished for hurting her. I'm sorry. God I'm so sorry. Was all I kept thinking as I returned to the Guild Hall.

As I had expected, Natsu was waiting outside, smirking as he saw me approach. "Come back for some more, Black Steel?" He growled. It was obvious he was pissed, so I shook my head. "I came to get what I deserve." The anger in the rose haired Dragonslayer turned into confusion.

~Levy POV~

I had stormed into the Guild Hall just minutes before, sitting down at a table, sighing angrily as I rested my head in my hands. He didn't get angry. He let me hit him, and it actually hurt him. Lost in thought, I just barely heard Natsu conversing with someone, peaking my interest. Cautiously, I rose from my seat and walked to the door, placing my ear against it. "I came to get what I deserve." A gravelly voice spoke, much too deep to be Natsu's. Gajeel... I thought, placing a hand over my mouth before opening the door.

~Gajeel POV~

The creaking of wood followed by a small gasp caught my attention. "Shrimp." I said before Natsu slammed his fist into my chest. "You stay away from Levy!" He screamed, clearly trying to knock the wind out of me. "Look, I'm sorry. Okay? Do you get that I'm sorry?" I asked, wheezing as I tried to catch a breath. Please Shrimp. Please understand. She took a breath before looking at Natsu. "Enough. Go inside." He went to argue, but the look on her face said 'Argue with me and I will murder you.' Natsu, not pleased, went inside, muttering curses beneath his breath. Levy took a glance at me, giving a smile. "I don't know what it is. Maybe you have a death wish." She giggled. Man that laugh. I thought before standing. "Or I wanted to show I'm sorry by taking you to dinner or something." I said, feeling a hot sensation against my face, knowing it was a blush.

~Levy POV~
He is such an idiot. I kept thinking before his words broke into my mind. "Or I wanted to show I'm sorry by taking you to dinner or something." He was clearly flustered, which was extremely adorable. Something in my head screamed to say no. After all, this was the man that hurt me. But my gut was screaming say yes. He means it, it's genuine. "Alright, Dragonslayer. But any funny business and I'll get Natsu." I joked, feeling a wave of pride as he laughed. "Deal. I'll swing by tomorrow?" He said. I gave a nod before walking back into the Guild Hall, closing the door over and resting my back against it. Did I just...say yes to a date? I thought before shaking my head, heading back into the chatter of the Guild Members.