Warning

This is a story based on American history but there will be some parts of history moved around to fit the story or parts of the book that won't be true (myths, magic, and my own alternate history). Regarding Native American history and stuff with the Aztecs, I won't be 100% on point as my goal is to give a story about the U.S so take what you read in the early chapters with a grain of salt as they will be coming from a map of Native American tribes and lazy google searches. There are too many tribes to really get a solid source ya know? 

There will be parts of what I write that may seem racist or wrong but I want to write Alfred on how people acted like in those time periods. So I'm sorry that slavery was seen as normal in America at one point but it was normal so I'm gonna have to treat it as normal to fit the time period, no matter how wrong it is. 

Another thing is that there is an OC. He represents 25 states West and Alfred represents 25 states East. They both represent what I see with today's America, which is not a division between the North and South but rather the East and West. Big cultural differences too. There is also a personification for the Confederate States of America who is his own character so another warning regarding slavery guys. I get that some people hate it when OC's are forced into a narrative but I promise these two are just brothers and West is important in American history. Manifest Destiny, Gold Rush, etc.

My main source will be A People's History of the United States, 1492-Present By Howard Zinn which instead of telling the history of America generically it tells it with the from the view of the People. It's very different and an awesome read.

6/16/20