Chapter 2

Anoki - ???

Necalli - Mexico

Tallulah - Native America

Kanta - Canada

Masaka - America

For context, the different scene changes happen days/months apart from one another. Enjoy~

/ / / /

America smiled bitterly at the screen. His mother had taught him everything about the North American continent. But when the Europeans established borders, he lost a lot of his knowledge. To this day, he still has trouble navigating the Canadian tundra and during his Manifest Destiny period, he had to relearn desert survival as his people pushed west. From the corner of his eye, America watched Mexico quietly make his way to the front to sit next to his older brother. It surprised America that Mexico would abandon his good friends, Chile and Brazil, and the other countries of Central and South America to sit next to him. Especially due to their current shitty personal relations. But America didn't say anything, hoping Mexico would feel comfortable enough to relax once the Mexican realized America wasn't planning on pushing him away.

The scene changed and showed a slightly older America hiding in the shadows of the canopy. His long blonde hair was now tied back and braided with a few strands of hair covering his face. The young nation was wearing deer skinned clothes instead of the rags he was previously wearing. He had a quiver on his back and a bow in his right hand with a knife stuck securely to his chest. America refused to move and instead kept his eyes on the open clearing ahead of him.

"Where's your cowlick? Also, what were you waiting for?" Denmark asked curiously, ignoring Norway's eye roll. America chuckled. "Well, Nantucket didn't pop up till around the 1640s. And to answer your second question, I was waiting for someone to come and get me. We were being taught the virtues of patience and trust. I'm pretty sure I stood there for two days without moving." Many eyes widened in surprise in disbelief of his words. It didn't help when Canada and Mexico chimed in and claimed that two days was nothing with America agreeing with their statement. The sounds of footsteps drew the nation's attention away from the twins and back to the screen.

America straightened his posture when he noticed Anoki enter the clearing. The six-year-old was wearing similar clothes except his were more decorated. The slightly older nation looked around before settling his gaze on America. "Come on Masaka, Tallulah and Kanta are waiting for us," Anoki said softly, nodding his head toward their alleged campsite. America narrowed his eyes warily before he silently jumped from his perch and landed on the ground, his moccasins muffling any noise he made.

"Your native name was Masaka?" Finland asked, looking a little pale as he and Sweden exchanged glances. "Yep," America confirmed as he kept his eyes glued to the screen. Finland's tone made America nervous yet bitter, and he didn't know why.

Masaka followed Anoki through the woodlands and into their campsite where Tallulah was cooking venison. The young American licked his lips in anticipation as the scent of the cooking meat reached his nose. Anoki snickered and ruffled Masaka's hair, much to the vocal ire of the younger. Kanta jumped from the sudden noise while Tallulah chose to ignore her rowdy sons. "Did he do well this time Anoki?" She asked as she cut the meat into slivers to serve. Anoki nodded as he accepted the piece of meat she offered. "Yes, although this time Kanta wasn't there to distract him," he said in an amused tone. Kanta smirked at Masaka's frown and glare.

"To be fair it was my fault, although your track record made you out as the perpetrator," Canada admitted with a smile. America fake scowled. "Bro you came and got me before they gave me the okay to leave. Tallulah was so pissed that I wanted to run away before she went through with her threat to skin me the next time I disobeyed," America replied while giving clarity to the curious and amused nations around him. The tension between the two siblings was slowly disappearing, however, America knew it would not last because of the War of 1812 and even earlier events the Canadian may not recall due to the curse.