The Adopters

I stared in shock at the men standing in front of me. They were not rich old people or young couples like the usual, but they were more interesting. The taller one looked to be in his 20s and had blue hair cut short on the sides and longer on the top, and wore leatherish clothing. He had gauges and piercings, and stood taller than the other one. The shorter man also looked young, and had red and black hair that had shorter layers on top and longer layers on bottom, and wore similar clothing. They both had on some emo-looking makeup, and to be honest, I wanted them to adopt me. Within seconds, I locked gazes with the taller one, and he held eye contact before looking back at the other man and gesturing toward me. They both looked at me, and walked right to me. "What's your name?" The taller one asked, looking me over. "Anna," I managed to stutter. He smiled, and looked at me approvingly. "My name's Jayy, and this is Dahvie," he said, gesturing to the shorter man. "Would you like to come with us?" The other kids stared T me closely, watching for my next move. "I managed a nod, and Dahvie's face lit up with a smile. "Okay then, we'll adopt Anna." he stated to Ms. Brown. She looked me over, questioning their judgement. "Okay, here's the paperwork," she said after she finished questioning their sanity. Dahvie and Jayy filled out the information quickly, and then walked over to me. Jayy gently placed his hand on my arm and began to lead me outside with Dahvie in tow. "Wait, don't you want to get her stuff?" Ms. Brown asked frantically, walking after them. Dahvie turned calmly, stopping her as I got into the car with Jayy. "Oh, we'll buy her new stuff." He replied. "It'll be better that way." He hopped into the car and we drove off, leaving a very confused Ms. Brown behind.