The House

The car ride was silent at first. I sat in the front seat between Dahvie and Jayy, slightly squished. Jayy was driving, and Dahvie was looking at the people we passed. We had entered Orlando, and were passing streets I'd never been down. "So, have you ever been to Orlando before?" Jayy asked. I blushed, embarrassed that I'd been to so few places. "No." I managed, and I moved my hands into my lap and clasped them tightly. "Really?" Dahvie asked, intrigued. I nodded, and looked up at the street in front of us. The streets were crowded on either side, and people rushed by. I didn't like crowds, but I had never had to leave the orphanage before. "Well then, we'll have to show you around sometime later. Our apartment is just over there," Dahvie said. I looked to where he was pointing and saw a large apartment complex standing in front of us. "Can I, uh, ask you something?" I said to both of them. "What?" They both asked. "A-are you a, a..." I stuttered, trying to get the words out. "A what?" Jayy asked calmly. "A couple?" I stuttered, feeling my cheeks redden. Suddenly, I heard Dahvie stifle a laugh, and my face turned tomato red. "No, we aren't. But we get asked that a lot." Jayy replied with a smile. The car stopped in front of the apartments, and we all stepped out. Little did I know that his was the beginning of a new life for me.

.

The apartment was small, but larger than my room in the orphanage. I looked around, and saw that it consisted of two bedrooms, a bathroom, a living room, and a small kitchen. The kitchen was combined with the living room, and both were quite small. There was a couch in the living room, and Dahvie sat down in the middle. "Home sweet home," he mumbled, and looked up at me. "So," he said, standing up, "this is my room, and is is Jayy's. " he gestured to the room on the left, and then the room on the right. I looked inside briefly, and saw that one room was neat and organized, and the other was... Well, a bit less organized. Jayy suddenly looked at Dahvie with a slightly confused expression on his face. "Umm, Dahvie? Where is she going to sleep?" He asked with confusion. Dahvie suddenly took the question into consideration. "Well, this couch is a piece of shit, so..." He looked up at me, causing me to blush, "You can sleep with one of us." This was the point where I turned the shade of a tomato and froze. I had to sleep with one of them. In the same bed. "Ummm..... I can sleep on the couch, it'll be fine." Jayy was about to speak, but Dahvie cut him off. "Nonsense, that couch is horrible. You can sleep with one of us until we find something better." My face reddened, and Ingave a slight nod. Thoughts rushed through my head, making me more and more nervous by the minute. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked over to see that Jayy was standing next to me, looking concerned. My face lightened, and I managed a slight smile. I knew it didn't look genuine, but I wasn't too concerned. "You get to choose," he said lightly, and I stared blankly at him. Slowly, I understood. I got to choose who I slept with. Dahvie and Jayy looked at me, and I stared back, exchanging glances with both of them. They looked expectantly at me, and I struggled to make a decision. I felt like I trusted Jayy more, but that everything would be more awkward. I didn't trust Dahvie as much, but everything would be less awkward. Who to pick?