Chapter 1: Snowy Homeland

• Dedicated to my great grandfather Vasalika from Romania

        Ice and snow covered the land. My quiet home rests in the heart of Transylvania. I ducked from a snowball that my younger brother, Vasalika, chucked at me. He smiled over at me. My 13 year old brother gathered multiple snowballs. The sun shown a glimmering glow onto my brothers auburn hair. Vasalika gets auburn hair from my mother. I have chesnut brown hair with obvious showing auburn highlights. My father has chesnut brown hair. Vasalika's geen eyes stared into my blue eyes and just then he threw a snowball at me.

        "You missed!" I chanted.

        "Blah, blah. Whatever, Erin! I'll get you next time though." Vasalika stated.

        A minute later, our mother called to us from the house window.

        "Kids, it's time to go! We have a long trip ahead of us to Bucharest." she called.

        My brother and I slipped into the house. The kitchen floor turned into an ice skating rink because our shoes had ice on the bottom of them. My father walked out of the hallway carrying all of the luggages. Of course, we all chipped in by helping him carry them to our out of date 1920's car. It's the 70's, father!

        "Vasalika, stop throwing snowballs! Erin, sit down!" mother stated.

        "Everyone ready to go? When I start this car there's no turning back." father excaimed.

        Agreeing with our father, a puff of smoke blew out of the back of the car and we drove down the path saying goodbye to our home.