Chapter 3: Moondust From The Sky

My parents believed I was asleep. At least I was for about 2 hours until I was awaken. I turned my head to the forest. Moonlight shown down on the abandoned forest. My blue eyes were attracted to the light beams from the sky. It made the ground glow like moondust. I thought about what it would be like for Vasalika to mature in this new place. I am already 16 so a lot of my maturing is over I feel.

        "Adele, are you sleeping?" my father asked.

        "No, Jonah. Is everything alright?" my mother replied in question.

        "Yes. I just was curious. Erin is sleeping over here and she's my roadtrip talking buddy so I was just courious for conversation." my father sighed. 

        "Oh okay. Do you know how much longer the trip is?" my mother asked putting away her novel.

        "No but if I could guess, maybe two more hours." my father answered.

        "Okay. It sure is beautiful outside!" my mother exclaimed.

        "Yes." my father quickly replied looking away from the path and then back to the path.

        I smiled listening to my parents talk and talk for what felt like an hour within thirty minutes. I could tell Vasalika was out cold. My reflection in the mirror showed. I looked back at my brother from the mirror trying not to let out a little giggle. A little bit remember I didn't remember much. I fell asleep then.