Chapter 2: Into The Woods

We made it out of our old hometown and further into the forest. The woods was a dark and cold place. Our voices echoed around the forest. My family and I's Romanian accents sounded like they zoomed around the room. As my father drove the car through the forest, my mother told us stories of ancient Romanian history, such as Vladimir The Impaler. AKA the real dracula.

        "Vladimir earn 'the impaler' part of his name because he impaled his victims. Although he seems frightening, some Romanians believed that he was a hero because he faught off the Turks. It's something that might be too much to take in for Vasalika here." my mother explained.

        "Mum, I'm 13. I think I can handle this story about dracula." Vasalika replied affended.

        "I'll tell you another time. You look tired." mother stated grabbing a pillow for her and Vasalika.

        "Grab me a blanket while your at it Adele, please." my father asked.

        I sat in the front seat next to my father. My mother and brother sat together in the back. Mother handed dad a blanket. I had the side of my head pressed against the door top of our car. Since our car is older, there's no windows or roof. The green and gold beauty was like family, though.

        "Erin, I think you should go to sleep or at least even take a nap." my mother suggested.

        I looked from the forest to my mother and said "okay".