Chapter 5: The Arrival

Around 3:34am, we arrived at our new home. It was on a hill top and made the rest of the town look like a foggy circle. All of us carried in luggage's. Vasalika was so tired that I had to carry him on my back into the house. The poor dear. We all searched for our rooms. I got the biggest bedroom. The only window faced out to the cemetery but I could live with it. The walls were a medium shade of grey and the floor was sanded dark wood except at the door which had a blue rug I put down from the old house.

        From the old house, I brought a lot of things. I missed my old home so I thought that I should make it feel just like home. I put down my black bed sheets and blankets and got my white pillows. Also, I plugged in my record played and put it on my night stand next to my vinyl. The silver mirror that once was my great great grandmothers home was hung up next to the door. I pulled my chesnut brown hair in a bun. I noticed my tattoo of a small dream catcher on the left side of my front shoulder slightly next to my collarbone. I sat down on my bed. To Kill A Mockingbird, the novel, was laying on my bed. I had been reading that since Monday and it was now Thursday. I was at the middle of the book.

        "Erin, turn the lights off. And the candles. It's bedtime!" my mother stated.

        Secretly, I rolled my eyes. I pulled the string to my lamp and it went out in an instant. I blew out the candles and closed the book. Trying to sleep was always difficult. Due to insomnia, it was always a struggle. Tossing and turning lead to nowhere. I put on a record to hopefully fall asleep to. I put on some Mozart and got comfortable. Within an hour or two, my eyelids closed and I was asleep.