5. Hunger for blood

Mark's view: 

It is already 7:30 pm; the dinner was amazing. Man, mum and dad had lots to talk about. I just want to go home before the transformation. Mum must feel my eyes burn into her by now. Yes, I want to stay, but no, I don't want Isabella and her family to see my true self. We have just told them about the town, how the news stories weren't true about the people in this town and how everyone is normal human beings... Almost.

"Thank you for having us over but we have to head back home," mum says, smiling over at Isabella's family. For a woman of mum's age, she has no grey hairs, she looks young. Which sometimes could benefit her. 

"Why not stay a little while longer?" Isabella's mum urges us.

"No thank you. I have some homework to do that's due tomorrow ma'am. I might also call it an early night tonight," I inform, faking a yawn and a stretch. As I stand up and smile at them, my brother gives me a weird look, one as if what I said wasn't to his liking. 

He can stare all he likes, I don't care.

"Ok well come over anytime," Isabella's mum invites, a genuine smile on her face. 

As we say goodbye, we shake their hands, walking down the pebble walkway and out of the house and make our way back to our own house. 

"What a lovely family!" Mum exclaims as soon as we enter our house. 

I nod and walk over to the lounge, sitting on the sofa, closing my eyes for a little while. I open my eyes, looking around and see my brother sitting across from me in his vampire form. 

"When did you get here?" I ask.

"While you were sleeping," he replies.

"I wasn't asleep," I reply as I stand up, pacing up and down the room. My insides tingle as I feel myself changing. I get down on my knees, my head in my hands screeching as my fangs came out of my gums, my thirst for blood alive. 

"I'll be back later," I say, racing out of the house and down the street, covering my face with my cloak. 

No one must see me, I need blood. 

My running down the streets leads me to the forest. I walk through the forest, a strong scent filling my senses, alluring me 

What's that? human? Animal? Blood? Where's that scent coming from? Must have it! 

A loud growl comes from my throat as I walk through the forest soon joined by Falcon and Josh who were both in the werewolf forms. Falcon in his werewolf form has purplish-black fur with purple lines throughout his fur, eyes purple just as they are in human form. Josh, on the other hand, in his werewolf form has blonde fur with white streaks and green eyes. 

"I'm hungry," Falcon says, through a growl as his wide purple eyes look around the place as he races over to one of the nearby trees only to come back empty-teethed. He growls once more now agitated and impatient. 

Man, I'm impatient too... Come on, where are the damn humans? They all wanted to come out through this forest before, why not today? 

"I smell blood," I state, the fresh smell lingering to my taste buds, making my tummy rumble from hunger. I drop to my knees.