11. Hospital

Time & date: 3 pm on 26th June 2016

Mark's view:

Here I am driving on my way to the only hospital in this town. Smithford hospital. I want to visit Isabella at the hospital. I find myself driving down the same road Isabella did before she got hit by that semitrailer. Still no news about how it happened. The thought of Isabella not waking up has taken over my thoughts lately, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she isn't ok... 

Driving down the road, there was a lot of traffic. Every time the light turns green only 5 cars would pass before it turns red again followed by a 10-minute wait, repeating itself until I cross pass the set of lights. I have my music blasting loudly as I drive down the streets passing a line of shops on one side of the street which was bustling with people walking up and down the street some even with their children. 

I drive for another 10 minutes before reaching the hospital, I take a turn left lane waiting for a car or two to turn on the roundabout in front of me as I turn left now driving behind them. There were only now two cars infront of me waiting to enter to carpark. The carpark had a boom gate which you had to press the button and pay $2 an hour. There was a small screen which showed the number of parking spaces available. 

As it reached my turn to enter there were no spaces left so I ended up having to wait at the boom gate till someone left to be able to go in. The carpark was a two-story carpark that had a ramp to allow cars to enter the upper floors. As soon as I was finally able to enter the carpark, I drive around the ground level seeing no parking spot as I now head to the next level up driving around that level as well nearly about to give up when I find the parking spot. 

The sign on the concrete pole says to park the car front facing outwards back facing inwards but it'll take too much effort to park it like that so I just drive the car in rear outwards completely ignoring the sign of the correct way to park. 

As I get out of my car, the keys in my hand pressing the button activating my car alarm I walk over to the stairwell walking down them reaching the ground level of the carpark, it is only a 5-minute walk from the carpark to the hospital's main entrance. 

 The hospital is a massive building built from beige bricks, it had multiple entrances, each entrance had a metal sign above them to tell the patients and visitors which part of the hospital they were entering. "Main entry" "emergency" "rehabilitation." 

Outside of the hospital, there were benches where people can sit, a few patients were sitting on the bench in their hospital gowns, a nurse in blue standing next to them talking and laughing with the patients. Their laughter filling the air. Visitors walking to and fro, security guards pacing back and forth on the pavement watching the area closely.

 An ambulance flying past lights and sirens coming to a halt in front of me back doors flying open as a stretcher gets taken out by the two paramedics, the patient yelling and swearing, fighting to get out of the stretcher. "Let me go, this is abuse. I want to go home" his screams fill the air all the laughter and chatter drowned out by his screams. 

As I walk towards the main entrance of the hospital, the automatic doors open as I wander near it, the entrance as you enter is a huge floor, desks on the other end of the floor, a mini cafeteria on the right-hand side, people, patients and nurses walking here and there to get to their destination.