Chapter Two: Change in plans

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY

The Wastes

Nearing the Princess's volcano

It had been at least a few days since your fight with Strelitzia and rescuing Naomi. Your body still ached and stung. But you felt better than before. As you carry yourself over the mountainous terrain around your destination. You open a camera feed on your suit's hud of the area that was between the cockpit and entry hatch. Where Naomi sat sleeping in the chair. You had been cautious not to wake her as you crossed the uneven area as the girl needed her rest to heal.

With how severe her injuries were when you ended up treating them. It ended up using most of what was left in your first aid kit. Leaving you nothing but a few painkillers and a small number of bandages to treat your own multitude of wounds. But for the moment, both you and her arm were managing just fine. Though your biggest worry wasn't the girl or yourself. It was her. Having to tell her you went against direct orders and almost getting killed in the process didn't seem it would end well.

Crossing one last cluster of rocks you finally arrive at the volcano. From there, you follow a hard to notice path along a cliffside near the summit until arriving at an oddly formed dead-end. There you find the wall you were looking for before sending a code out through your suit. A small hiss followed by the creaking of metal cried out as the old mechanisms returned to life. You watch as the door opens, revealing a secret docking bay for your suit, and spaces for others like it.

Before it finishes opening fully. You put three soft knocks against the side of your head. Which creates a noticeable echo inside your head that wakes Naomi from her slumber. She looks around for a moment. More than likely groggy from her hours long nap. "Wass goin' on?" She yawns as she softly rubs her eyes.

"We've arrived." You inform using a small speaker next to the camera.

Taking your first steps back into the underground area in three months. Your suit is cloaked in darkness from the poorly lit area. At the far end of the room, you see several smaller Klaxosaurs scurry deeper into the facility. Scared off by your presence. You continue on until you reach the spot where you could store your suit. There, you turned around while opening your back plates. Allowing a large tube attached to an arm to plug itself into your back to refill your Magma Energy.

Then as your feet and back were locked in place by clamps and the arm. It meant you could shut the suit off without it falling over. So focusing hard on the idea of leaving your current form. Your vision begins to fall blurry before darkening as your unit shuts off. When you could see again. The Neural Gel was draining around you as you still floated in the breathable sludge. Once empty the cockpit slid open. As you exit the space, you find Naomi sitting there now staring curiously at you. Well, more importantly, your horn and tail.

It made sense she'd be confused. When you had first found her, it was dark, and she could hardly keep her eyes open. Later when you had the chance to tend to her wounds. Naomi was still unconscious. After that, she was in and out of sleep while you were always controlling your Klaxosaur. So this was the first time she could actually get a good look at you. At what you were.

When you had first found her, it was dark, and she must have barely been able to keep her eyes open. Then when you had left your suit to tend to her wounds, she was unconscious. She didn't get to stare long, however, because the sound of the door closing drew both of your attention. The light of day slowly dims as the entrance shuts. The only thing lighting your way now is the luminescence of the nest's walls.

Pressing a button, the panels on top of the suit's head slide open, allowing you to climb the ladder to leave. You turn back to see Naomi still sitting down. "You coming?" Now broken away from her trance. She unbuckles herself as you start climbing up. "Here, grab on and I'll pull you up." Forming a hook with your tail. Naomi grabs hold with her good arm allowing you to help to the top of your head.