Chapter Nineteen: Deep Dive

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"You know I have to ask. Are you still sure you want to do this?" You question as you tried not to disconnect any of the wires that were sticking out of the back of your unit's head. "I've told you already." Strelitzia scoffs as she makes an annoyed face towards you. "I want to do this. And no amount of second-guessing will convince me otherwise." "I'm just making sure. Because if you want to back out this will be your last chance to do so. Speaking of which. How close are you guys getting for us to start?"

"Be patient Warrior." Naosu announces over the intercom before he begins to give orders to the people around him. "Ikuno. See that chart in front of you. Once it reaches fifty percent, flip that switch. Anyways, it'll only take us another minute for us to get ready for the dive." The intercom clicks off as you watch a tiny Naosu begin to work through the glass of the command center. You began to speak as you return your focus back to the red and white Franxx. "Okay, you guys. While slowpoke in there is finishing up. Let's quickly go over everything one last time."

"Fine whatever," Zero Two scoffs. Knowing that was the best response you'd get out of her. You start your recap. "Okay, so first things first. Things are going to get pretty weird. And I mean weird. You might see my memories. I might see your memories. Our memories might even overlap and you might experience something I did. Hell, you might even see a dream you once had when you were a kid. Either way, as long as you two stay focused. We should be fine."

"Speaking of which," you say as you try to transition to your second point. "Make sure that you stay focused on the task at hand. You might not remember every little detail and that's okay. We don't need to spend an hour wondering why a lamp doesn't look quite right. So make sure that whatever you do. Keep your train of thought moving or else we will be here all day." "Okay you guys. it'll only take a few more seconds and we'll be good to go." Naosu then announces over the intercoms. Breaking your attention away from the Franxx.

Not wanting to keep anyone waiting when the time came. You started to try and explain your final point as fast as you could. "Okay, I'll have to go through my last point quicker than I thought. So some memories may be hard for you to remember. But like I've said before. If you keep pushing forward you should come out of it fine. And whatever you do, no matter how painful the memory. Do not allow it to take any effect on you. Because the last thing you'd want is to experience a mind flare."

"Okay you two, we're all set up here. You can begin whenever you're ready." Naosu then interjected. A few seconds later. The wires plugged into the circuitry of your suit began to glow a combination of blue, red, and yellow. Indicating that everything was now ready to get started. "Well, if you have any last questions, let me know now. If not, then we can begin." Strelitzia stops for a moment as if to think. Once she had thought of something to ask. The voice of one of her pilots started to speak.

"Actually, well, I have one." Hiro mutters through the intercom of the Franxx. "Could you explain why we are doing this again? I still don't get it." Knowing it would be far too hard to explain without sounding crazy. You take a quick breath before you once again attempt to answer him the best you could. "Because we believe you've lost something Hiro. Something very important in your past. And Zero Two and I want to make sure you get it back. That's why we're doing this."

With Strelitzia falling silent, you take it as they had nothing else you ask or say. "Naosu," you then let out as you looked over to the command center. "I think that we're both ready here. Why don't you give us a countdown to start?" Inside of the facility's command center. Naosu stopped and looked back at Naomi, Hime, and the rest of squad 13. Hoping to gauge how serious your request was. After looking at each person in the room. He notices Zorome giving him a half hearted shrug. Guessing that it was the best answer he'd get. Naosu activated the intercoms.