Chapter 31

Namjoon was taking the kids to stay with Jins parents for the night.

"But you have fun without us!" Protested Yoongi.

"Kiddo, I would take you guys with us but you're gonna have so much more fun with nana and pawpaw. I heard Nana has cupcakes for you all doesnt that sounds great?" Namjoon tried to reason as he loaded their backpacks into the car.

Yoongis expression didnt change.

"Tell you what, save me and papa a cupcake. You and your brothers can decorate them for us okay?" He said as he was strapping Jungkook into his carseat.

"Can we put sprinkles?" Asked Jimin.

"You can put anything you'd like to okay?" He reassured.

They all nodded and bounced excitedly.

Namjoon smiled and got in the car.

On their way to Jins parents the kids were singing along to the songs playing.

Jungkook was babbling to himself and playing with the toys that hung from his seat.

When they had finally arrived, Namjoon helped all the kids out and carried in their bags along with Jungkook.

"Why hello there boys, Namjoon please come in" greeted Mrs.Kim.

"Thank you for taking care of these little monsters" said Namjoon.

"Of course! We are gonna have so much fun" she said while smiling.

"I bet, well Kookie it's time to pass you over" said Namjoon as he attempted to hand Jungkook to Mrs.Kim.

Once he realized his Appa was trying to pull him away he started crying and holding onto Namjoons shirt as tight as he could.

"Shh shh, bun it's okay " Namjoon bounced him a little to calm him down.

He cries only got louder as he handed him to Mrs.Kim.

"Shh baby dada will be back soon" Namjoon said softly.

All of the kids ran over and hugged Namjoon tightly.

He hugged them all back and kissed each of their foreheads.

"Okay boys, I've gotta go now. Have fun for me and papa we'll pick you up tomorrow" he then proceeded to leave before Jungkooks wails filled the room once again.

It broke his heart to hear his poor baby in such distress but he knew it would be okay.

On the way home he smiled the more he thought about tonight.

It was their 3 year anniversary  of their first kiss.

He was taking Jin out tonight for a date night, which they rarely had nowadays.

He had made reservations at the same restaurant  they shared that kiss at.

It wasn't too fancy but he knew tonight was special.

He continued to drive home so he could get ready.

●●●●●●

Once he got home Namjoon took a quick shower and got dressed.

He was wearing black slacks, a white button up shirt with a black suit jacket, a thin black tie and black dress shoes.

He smiled widely as he saw Jin.

Jin had on a similar attire but with a bowtie.

"Feels weird not being surrounded by kids tonight " commented Jin.