* @agniskai

"GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ,  AND WELCOME TO THE MONTHLY UNDERGROUND AUCTION ! RELAX , HAVE A DRINK ,  AND HAVE FUN ! THE AUCTION WILL BEGIN AT MIDNIGHT AS USUAL 

"GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN , AND WELCOME TO THE MONTHLY UNDERGROUND AUCTION ! RELAX , HAVE A DRINK ,  AND HAVE FUN ! THE AUCTION WILL BEGIN AT MIDNIGHT AS USUAL  ."

a round of applause and sounds of agreement echoed through the crowd before the participants all turned back to their meaningless conservations to pass the time. there was two hours until midnight but it was well worth the wait to study the auctioned prizes as well as scope out the competition. kaito himself took the time to observe the attendees, tipping his glass back to drink. he sat on his throne-like chair at the front, silver and gold, much like his suit. it was in these rare occasions the man could be seen as well put together. his eyes zeroed in on familiar second-timers and he felt his grin grow. it was always a pleasure making money.

one more look around the room resulted in his eyes growing wide and swallowing his drink down the wrong pipe. no, no, no, this was impossible. had she heard about the special prize this evening? was there any other reason the revered princess of the fire nation could be at his secret underground meeting other than to rescue a captured fire nation general? they had gotten lucky with his newest poison modelled after a mysterious chi-blocking technique. as for how, he wasn't stupid enough to doubt the princess had her ways of getting the location. however confident he may be, the entire room now held the risk of either being shut down or the benders released if they engaged in battle. both of which would be enormous losses. he had to intervene and determine her intentions and FAST. a negotiation of sorts. after all, he did supply the nation with machinery every so often and bartering was common.

not to mention the embarrassing incident that resulted in all his waterbenders escaping recently. kaito prayed she hadn't had the time to notice the lack of their presence among the prizes. he really didn't want to have to tell the princess a mere peasant managed to outsmart him even once. he shuddered at the thought. disgusting.

taking in a gulp of air, kaito fixed himself from the minor choking incident and straightened his suit. he placed his glass on the plate a servant carried by before schooling his features into the aloof expression they always held. firebenders were arrogant and all the same, he reminded himself. and by taking quick, measured steps, he was able to intercept the princess.

"my, i didn't think we shared an interest in ballroom dancing too, your highness."

agniskai
/ IT DO BE AS UGLY AS ME DOE