Confessions

Kai knew what he was doing. That Gabriel was sure of as he watched the small hybrid chat animatedly with some werewolf in the cafeteria. He clenched his jaw tightly, his eye twitching as he watched Kai reach out to grab the bicep of the wolf boy. He couldn't believe this shit. His strawberry flirting mindlessly with some pup who probably couldn't even handle the sassy little twink.

He had enough when he saw the mutt reach to place his hand on the small of Kai's back. The vampire immediately rose to his feet, his chair falling to the ground behind him at the fast movement. Everyone in the cafeteria casted glances in Gabriel's direction, but Gabriel's focus was on his strawberry. Kai's attention shifted from the wolf at his side and over to Gabriel, who was making his way over to the hybrid and the wolf. Kai shifted away from the wolf, but he knew it was no use.

Gabriel was already pissed beyond belief, Kai could see it in those darkened red eyes of his. Kai huffed as he crossed his arms against his chest, staring up at the vampire that had just came to a stop in front of him, "Gabbi, can I help you?" the feisty pink haired boy asked as he quirked a single eyebrow questioningly.

"Who's your new friend, Strawberry?" Gabriel ignored Kai's question as he stared down the wolf who was still too close to Kai for comfort. The wolf shifted from one foot to the other as he avoided eye contact with Gabriel.

"Um, I'm going now, but I'll see you in class, Kai," the wolf flashed a small, rather awkward smile before he turned to scurry off. Kai huffed in annoyance as he watched the wolf go before he turned his attention towards Gabriel.

"Why do you always insist on scaring away the cute ones?" Kai whined as he turned on his heels to walk away from Gabriel. Gabriel followed after the fuming hybrid, falling into step beside him.

"Because none of them are good enough for you," Gabriel stated simply, and Kai rolled his eyes at the Gabriel-like response.

"No one is ever good enough for me, Gabbi. Every person I meet, you scare off. I'm 16 and I still haven't been kissed for fucksake!"

"Good," Gabriel shrugged. His casual response seemed to have pissed his strawberry off even more, and Gabriel had to admit it was cute seeing the hybrid get all flustered and frustrated. He resembled an angry kitten. It took everything in Gabriel to hide the smirk that was threatening to form on his features as he followed Kai to their dorm.

Gabriel had to quickly catch the door before the hybrid managed to slam it on his face, he shoved his foot into the doorway to stop it from closing. He slipped into the room, pushing the door closed behind him, "It's not good! Goddamn it, Gabriel! I want to have my first kiss! I want to make love! I want to feel something good! And I've given up waiting for-," Kai stopped himself before he could finish his sentence, but he had already piqued Gabriel's curiosity.

The vampire looked at the hybrid, tilting his head to the side curiously, "Waiting for what?"

"Nothing, forget it," Kai turned his back to Gabriel, moving towards his bed.

"No," Gabriel instantly ran forward using his speed, and he grabbed Kai's arm to spin the hybrid around to face him, "Tell me, now."

"Waiting for you! Fuck, there I said it! I've been waiting for you to do something or make a move for like a whole year now! And I've gotten nothing! Not a hint that you feel even remotely close to what I feel for you! Nothing but the random bouts of jealousy, and the once in a while flash of emotion! And I'm tired of it. Damn it, Gabbi, I'm so tired of it," the emotional hybrid could feel the tears threatening to escape, but  he refused to let them fall. Not now. Not here.

Kai watched closely as he saw flashes of emotion pass through the red eyes of his vampire. The confusion, the awe, the shock, the worry, and something unrecognizable. Kai was about to push Gabriel away and run off, maybe find Jar or something. He could cry to Jar, or maybe Cal. But before he could go through with his plan, Gabriel did something unexpected. He kissed Kai. Kai was frozen in place as he felt the roughness of Gabriel's lips on his soft ones. His eyes were wide in shock, before they slowly started to flutter shut. He felt himself melt against Gabriel.

Gabriel's hand lifted to place on the back of Kai's neck and the other on the small of Kai's back, his head tilting slightly to deepen the kiss. Kai's arms wrapped around Gabriel's neck, shifting to stand on his toes to be able to return the passion of Gabriel's kiss.

Gabriel didn't need air, but he knew as a hybrid Kai did and so he slowly pulled away allowing the hybrid to take a deep breath. When his eyes opened, he found Kai's eyes were still closed and the look on his strawberry's face was so serene and content it almost brought him to his knees. Kai stepped away from Gabriel so that he could regain some semblance of control and awareness.

"Why did you do that?" Kai breathed out after a moment of silence, his eyes fluttering open slowly as he reached up to his lips. His blue eyes met Gabriel's, a questioning gaze in them.

"You wanted your first kiss so badly, there I gave it to you," Gabriel huffed as he tried to return to the cold disposition, a wall he always put up when it came to admitting feelings and emotions.

"You're lying," Kai glared at Gabriel, his arms crossing against his chest, "Tell me the truth. Tell me that kiss was because maybe just maybe, you have feelings too under all the gruff exterior. Be honest for fucking once and stop with the games."

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes to all of those statements. I--, I really...fuck," Gabriel grumbled as he glared at Kai, "Why do you always have to be so annoying, strawberry? Why can't you just accept the kiss and move on? Why can't you just accept that I'm here for you and you don't need anyone else? Not when you have me."

Kai knew that was probably the closest he would ever get to a love confession from Gabriel. The vampire wasn't all that in touch with his human emotions, and Kai had learned to accept that. Kai had learned to accept Gabriel in all of his rough and tough exterior, with all his mood swings, and jealous streaks. In that moment, Kai knew that Gabriel's heart was his even if the vampire didn't admit it out loud. Just as Kai would never have really been happy with anyone other than his Gabbi.

"Just kiss me again already," Kai huffed, and Kai felt a grin appear on his features at the small quirk of Gabriel's lips.

"As you wish," Gabriel said and before Kai could react or respond, Gabriel's lips were on his again.