Empty

Kai wasn't really sure how it had gotten to this point. The last few months with the love of his life had been full of nothing but bliss. He spent countless hours a day with Gabriel, watching the sunrise, then going for walks at the park, or spending the day at the pack manor and just relaxing in each other's arms and watching movies. They had date nights every Thursday, since that was Gabriel's day off from work and Kai's day off from pack activities. Both wolves were full of love and happiness.

How then, did they end up in this situation? It all started on the scheduled date night. Gabriel had taken Kai out to dinner at his favorite Italian restaurant. Both men were happily chatting away with one another as Gabriel nursed his steak and pasta while Kai munched happily on his chicken marsala. It was the perfect evening, until a rogue wolf thought it smart to run his fingers across the back of Kai's neck as he passed by the table.

It all happened in a flash, Gabriel had risen from his chair so abruptly that it fell to the ground and he lunged for the wolf, slamming him down against the table opposite the one Kai had been sitting at with his rather enraged boyfriend. Kai's eyes widened as he jumped to his feet, "Gabbi, stand down," he commanded firmly, but he knew it was a lost cause. The larger wolf's eyes were glowing with anger as he wrapped his hand around the throat of the rogue wolf. The wolf was trembling in fear, and Kai felt his heart lurch as he noticed two other wolves approaching his boyfriend.

Without any other idea in mind, the tiny alpha ran forward and grabbed ahold of Gabbi's arm, tugging on it, "Gabbi, come on. Just let him go. Let's go home," Kai whispered to his boyfriend, his eyes scanning the room and landing on the two other rogue wolves still rapidly approaching, "Gabbi, now!" Kai shouted urgently. What happened next ran a shock through his system.

His loving, caring boyfriend, who had never dared to lift a hand against him before that night, reached a hand out and shoved him away. The push was filled with so much force that it sent Kai flying into a table that broke beneath his weight. It didn't hurt, but it did surprise him. It also seemed to have brought Gabriel out of his rage-filled stupor as his eyes widened, obviously realizing what he had just done. He lifted his head and met the wide, frightened eyes of his Strawberry. He looked down to look at the rogue he still had pinned against the table, and quickly released him. He stumbled backwards away from the wolf, releasing him quickly.

Kai was quick to move towards his Gabbi once he had gotten to his feet, grabbing his hand and looking up at him, "Let's go home," Kai whispered to his boyfriend, knowing that it would be safer for everyone if he got Gabriel out of there and to the manor.

After leaving the restaurant, and once arriving at home Gabriel had taken off into the woods leaving Kai behind at the house. That was a week ago, and Kai hadn't seen him since. Not until that next Thursday. Kai had been sitting on the couch, his time spent between lazily watching some movie his brother, Dante had put on for him and staring at the door to see if Gabriel was going to walk through it or not.

Kai had been a wreck all week. He was worried for his boyfriend, afraid that he had been hurt or worse. Kai couldn't imagine his life without Gabriel. It didn't seem real. Dante had tried to assure him that Gabriel would be okay, but nothing worked. No one could help Kai with his anxiety except for Gabriel, and Dante knew that. Dante swore that if Gabriel didn't come back soon, he would kill the wolf himself. It hurt his heart to see his brother so broken.

It had gotten so bad, that Kai couldn't even work with the pack properly anymore. Dante had to take over. All his brother did was sit in the sitting room and watch the door waiting for Gabriel to come home. At times, he would fall asleep in the armchair and Dante would have to carry him upstairs to his bed. He heard his brother cry himself to sleep on numerous occasions. Dante had watched his brother look at the door for the fiftieth time since he put the movie on, and he had enough.