Chapter 18

Butterfly

I remembered when I was a kid I really want to have a butterfly as my pet. I envy butterfly because it can fly and go anywhere they want. Malaya silang nakakalipad sa kahit saan nila gusto. Sure they have their darkest days pero pagkatapos n'on all they can see is the bright sun and the nature from up there. I want to be like a butterfly.

Pero lumaki ako na palaging nagtatago. Palaging tumatakbo at tumakas. I was never free until now.

Nasa tabi ko si lolo at inaanunsyo na mananatili siya sa trono hanggang hindi pa nakakapili ng bagong magiging tagapagmana ng trono. Madami ang gustong tumutol kita ko iyon sa mga mata nila.

"Caroline all her life she was never free. For her being born in a royal family is a cage. Now I want to set the butterfly free and let her fly on her own wings. It's time to make her wings shine above the sky. I am still the king of Hrysos and this is my decision. I will still rule the Hrysos until I die and from there if there's still no one to sit in the throne after me then I declare the Hrysos will be a democratic country. The people of Hrysos will be given the chance to chose who they want to be the new leader."

Napasinghap ang lahat sa anunsyo ni lolo.

"DIE, CAROLINE, DIE!"it was too late to react. In front of me is Mrs. Roberts holding a gun. Lahat kami nabigla at hindi nakagalaw."YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!"she gritted her teeth.

"Mother!"bulalas ni Richard na mukhang walang alam sa plano ng ina niya.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU TOO! If I know I can't use you to get the throne then I should have kill you too!"

"W-What?"

"You heard it all right!"she laugh crazily.

"Y-you k-killed my parents?"I gasped.

"Yes. Because your mother is a hindrance! I should be the queen of Hrysos now but because of her! She's the one who married the prince! It should be me! Me!"she said hysterically.

"Mrs. Roberts put the gun down!"utos ng royal guards na pumalibot na sakanya.

"No!"mas dumiin ang pagkakatutok niya sa baril saakin."And now you, you'll ruin my plan. I can not let that happen!"parang nababaliw siyang umiling.

"Mother! Put the gun down please!"Richard beg.

"No!"sigaw niya sa anak niya."This ends now. I'll get the crown. That belongs to me!"nanlilisik ang mata niya habang nakangiti.

"You want to be a butterfly huh, Caroline?"

Napalunok ako.

"Then fly!"pagkatapos noon ay kinalabit niya ang gantilyo ng baril.

I felt a pang of pain right at my chest after she pulled the trigger Napahawak ako doon at nawalan ng balanse. I was shot.

Narinig ko ang madaming boses at ang mga taong nagkakagulo.

"RAIN!"

"RAIN!"

"SEIZE HER!"

At this moment I want to fly...and go back to him. In his arms. I belong there. I want to be with him is the last thing on my mind before I close my eyes.