02

CHAPTER TWOour life is not a movie -After Ward and Rose got back, they headed back to her house and despite dying of heat exhaustion with no air conditioning in the house, they had a pretty good sober night

CHAPTER TWO
our life is not a movie
-
After Ward and Rose got back, they headed back to her house and despite dying of heat exhaustion with no air conditioning in the house, they had a pretty good sober night. The complete reason Lainey stayed in the relationship.

The next morning Lainey and Rafe went back to his house. Lainey laid on the boat with Sarah most of the day. It confused a lot of people that Lainey and Sarah were so close, a lot closer than Rafe and Sarah.

"And then he pulled a gun on Topper! And just held it against his head. I just felt so helpless." Sarah shook his head and Lainey took a swing of the beer that Rafe had given her.

"It's not your fault, S. Toppers alive. We should just be glad Rafe wasn't there." Lainey shook h well as Kelce.

"Idiots." Sarah shook her head as they saw a little girl who lived next door start looking around by the docks and the two girls stood up worried as they rushed down the docks.

The blonde fixed her sunglasses as the little pointed to her bunny tied up in electrical cords. Sarah and Lainey both realized that they wouldn't cause any danger as they were all destroyed. Lainey and Sarah communicated with their eyes to make a huge plan.

Sarah started walking on the ledge as Topper and Rose both started yelling at her to get off and that she was going to get hurt. When she reached the boat, Sarah winked at Lainey out of sight. Lainey stuck her foot out to the ledge, to shake it a bit causing Sarah to dramatize a fall.

Lainey held up her hands when everybody started yelling. "Accident. Oops." Topper ran over to Sarah before realizing she was perfectly fine and they all rolled their eyes at the two girls.

Lainey went back to her boyfriend who lifted her up and held her up by her butt. "Nice trick you did on Sarah. If only it wasn't planned." He kissed her neck as they were now out of sight on towards the front porch.

Rafe sat her down of the porch swing and sat right next to her with his arm laid loosely around her. Before they could get comfortable and start talking, he noticed his dad walking up on the porch and into the house.

Lainey felt Rafe get tense as he sat up. "Hey Lainey. Haven't seen you in a while. How have you been? How's the new house? Any storm damage?"

Lainey sat up but still felt Rafe's hand on her shoulder. "Oh, hi Mr. Cameron. Luckily no damage, just a few bad wires that my daddy can fix. It's good to be back here though." She flashed her model smile.

"I'm glad to hear it. How's the business? I know Rose and Sarah have been talking a big talk about it." Ward replies causing a blush from Lainey - she always blushed when people started talking about her career.

"Just ready to get the store opened on the mainland and get business back on track." Lainey smiles sweetly. The Cameron's were like a second family to her. They were proud of her for being as successful as she is.

"Well if you need anything, just let us know." Ward smiled and he didn't do that often. Rafe loosened up as Ward left.

Rafe shook his head. "Can't catch a break from Ward even with my own girlfriend." He moved his arm and Lainey looked at him with confusion.

"Rafe, baby. It was nothing." Lainey shook her head and moved her hand to grab his hand but he pushed it away.

"Easy for you to say when you're the better one in the relationship." Rafe said and grabbed his head in both his hands.

"That isn't true." Lainey shook her head. "Rafe, why are you saying these things?" She looked at him with a confused face - two seconds ago things were fine and now they weren't.

He took another drink and looked at her. "Because it's true, Lainey!" Rafe wanted to be happy for her but he had a bad habit of making her successes his failures. Another bad habit in their relationship.

"Rafe, I'm not the enemy!" Lainey said still trying to grab his hand.

"Well you're not the ally." Rafe shook his head, standing up and heading inside. Lainey followed him.

"Babe, how much have you had to drink today?" Lainey asked, turning his body around to look at him. She thought it had to be the alcohol talking or he wouldn't be freaking out over such a small thing.

"Piss off, Lainey. You're not my mother." Rafe said, raising his voice.

"Fine. I'm outta here." Lainey flips him off and walks out of the house. She finished her beer and threw it away at the outside trash can.

Rafe immediately regret letting Lainey leave when they could have had a good day but wouldn't chase after her.

Lainey met up with Topper as they walked off of the Cameron property. Clearly just as pissed at Sarah as she was at Rafe.

"Hey bubs." Lainey says throwing her arm over his shoulder. Topper had been like her little brother since the beginning of time. Their parents were best friends and they grew up having a close relationship.

"Hey Lainey." Topper said, his chin dropping down in sadness.

"What's wrong?" Lainey raised an eyebrow as they walk towards her house.

"Sarah. I love her but Wheezie told me that she cheats on every guy she dates and now she's been flirting with John B." Topper shakes his head.

"Who's John B?" Lainey asks as she unlocks her front door and welcomes Topper inside. They hadn't really spoke about going to her house, they just assumed it.

"Some pogue that work on the Cameron's boat." Topper shakes his head as he raises his eyebrow towards the fridge and she nods that he can grab something.

"Well dating the Cameron's is a challenge. Let's just hang out here for a little bit." Lainey says, despite knowing it would piss of her boyfriend.

"Yeah, sure." Topper said and they walk towards the back porch.

A/N : Things are for sure gonna speed up soon! I'm trying to establish her relationship with everybody. I hope you guys enjoy!! Remember to leave feedback, vote and comment! Thank you guys!!

word count - 1076