06

CHAPTER SIX because i had you-

CHAPTER SIX
because i had you
-

Lainey's plan failed. She thought if she could keep an eye out on the boys the whole night that nothing would happen. Instead, the opposite happened and she was left cleaning up the mess.

When she got back to her house, Rafe was already inside so she presumed he had used his extra key. She took a deep breath as she saw him sitting at her kitchen island.

"What are you doing here, Rafe?" Lainey asked as she opened the fridge.

"I'm sorry about tonight, Lainey." Rafe said as he stood up out of the chair. He put his hand on her like she always liked. "I don't like you seeing me like this."

"It's who you are, Rafe. You have to fix yourself. I don't even recognize you anymore." Lainey shakes her head.

"I just don't know how to do any of this without you." He sits back in his seat after she shows no interest in having him near her. "I love you so much, Lainey. I don't even know what to do with it." Rafe said and looked up at her with sadness in his eyes.

The emotions were raw and real. But Lainey couldn't be phased by it. She took a deep breath and sat on top of the island in front of Rafe. "I love you and I will forever, Rafe." Lainey puts her hands on both of his cheeks.

Rafe took a deep breath, taking in every second. He stood up, putting his arms around her waist.

"But I can't do this, Rafe. I just watched you beat a guy to where he probably could have died and you would have let him. I'm sorry Rafe, but I don't need you here." Lainey takes a deep breath, moving out of his grip and jumping off the island.

"Lainey, come on. I'm gonna change. For you. For us." Rafe follows her to the front door and looks at her as she begins to open the door. "You don't mean that." He shakes his head, he wasn't ready to accept he may have actually lost Lainey.

"You're right. Maybe I do need you here. But I don't want you here." Rafe walks closer to her and she looks at him in his eyes and noticed how dilated his pupils were. "Are you fucking high?" She asks, her voice getting higher with the anger.

"It was just a little bit, Lainey. I'm sorry, okay? I couldn't help myself." Rafe said and Lainey backed away. He noticed how she looked at him with disappointed eyes instead of in love.

"You do realize how ridiculous it is to come to my house to preach about how you're gonna change while you're high?" Lainey crosses her arms.

"I can't go home! They've almost caught me three times this week. Ward's pissed as it is about the money and I'll be dead." Rafe begged.