chapter 1

at octocayon, agent 8 stared at her new hero suit! it looked just like 3's!

8 couldn't believe she is finally an agent! she about squidbeak splatoon for a while now, but the fact that was an octoling challenged the policy of the agency a little. but gramps decided that as long as the cephalopod wasn't an obvious threat, they're ok.

'looks pretty good on you, 8!' exclaimed Callie.

'agreed!' 4 added. 'right 3?'

'huh? oh yeah...it looks fresh I guess...' 3 wasn't really paying attention but she didn't want to come off as rude or cold so she added 'i bet you can't wait for your first mission!' with a small smile on her face.

'i know right!? I'm really nervous and excited but-' before 8 could go on rambling, she hesitated for a moment.' heeey...4, how come your suit is different?' she asked in confusion.

'oh' Marie chimed  (who was daydreaming about pineapple-free pizza up until this point) 'it's because it's an upgraded version! I took Callie's suit and tailored it a bit'.

'huh, who knew' said 3.'by the way 8, you don't have to call us by our numbers all the time! my name is Alison but you can just call me Al!'4 commented.

'Kylie' 3 briefly said.

'what's your's' Callie inquired.

'oh! it's...' 8 paused almost as if she was thinking.' Elena!'

'that the name you also had as a soldier?'

'sure...' 8 looked at a napping Octavio. what he has said if he was awake; seeing one of their kind-one of THEIR ex-citizens betray them one the spot by working for the enemy. Elena knew she was no looker under his reign, but still... 

'i just got a message from gramps!' Marie said while looking at her phone.' apparently where is an abnormal amount of dihydrogen monoxide -so basically water- in octo canyon and all of you to investigate!'

Elena gasped.' t-that's mean me, right?' she nervously asked while pointed to herself

'of you! what do you think all means!?'

'looks like your in luck!' 3 mentioned.

'well, what are we waiting for!? let's go!' 4 excitedly said.

'Al, you don't even know where you going...' Marie sighed

'oh; right...' ally sheepishly said.

'anyways, going to I think octo avenue was it?'

8 eyes grew in recognition.'i-i used to live there!' she gasped.'i'm not even sure what I'll do if someone realizes it's me!'

'wait I have an idea!' 3 suddenly went down the grate that leads to inkoplis square only to soon remerge with a helmet with an octopus symbol lighting up.' i still have the gear from the chaos vs order splatfest; this helmet should cover your head so no one knows it's you...it's the best it can do...' 

'thanks! I really appreciate the effort!' 8 cheerfully said. 3 smiled a little.

'you're blushing¬' 4 smugly mocked.

'NO I'M NOT!!' 3 yelled

'sooo, are you going to go investigate or what?' Marie groaned, slightly impatiently.

'Sorry!' all three agents said in unison. each of them taking their respective weapons, 4, the hero daulies, 3, the hero shot and 8, the hero brush. 8 put the helmet on and they all stood on the grate that leads to octo avenue