Chapter 8: Aku gains her rank

"Aku Kuro! Come with me," ordered Professor Kalego.

"What for?" Aku asked with dull tone in her voice.

Kalego clicked his tongue as he grabbed Aku by the collar and dragged her outside where a white owl was waiting.

'What's with the owl? Does it have three eyes? Animals in the netherworld are all so weird,' Aku thought as Kalego placed her in front of the owl.

"So... why am I here again?" Aku said as she giggled to herself.

"You are here to get a rank, the rest of the class have ranks already. This is usually would go by a race, however since you are the only student who hasn't got a rank yet. You are an exception," Kalego explained.

"I see... so what do I do?" Aku said with teasing tone in her voice.

Kalego rolled his eyes as pointed at the three eyed owl's pouch. "You will grab a badge inside the ranking owl's pouch. When you do, the number on the badge will decide your rank understand?"

"Will do teach!" Aku teased as she dove her hand in the owl's pouch.

Kalego growled in frustration. "Remember this you little brat! The ranking owl is never wrong, and have only screamed once. If you end up having a low then it's simply met to be,"

"Yes sir..." Aku said with bored voice.

Aku pulls out a golden badge before gently petting the ranking on its fluffy head. "Thank you giving me my badge ranking owl,"

"You don't have thank it," Kalego stated.

"I know, but I feel bad if don't do so," Aku responded, taking Kalego off guard.

'Did she really just said she would feels bad for not thanking the ranking owl?' Kalego thought pulling himself back to the situation at hand.

"Now, show me your rank so may write in my report to the principle," Kalego said as he brings out his teaching book and a pen.

"Okay..." Aku said smiled as she shows Kalego her badge.

Another thing that took Kalego off guard, that smile. It made Kalego felt sympathetic for Aku for a moment before shook those feelings away and examined Aku's badge.

"Your a Daleth? That's surprising, shocking even. To think you are that capable," Kalego said as wrote in down his book.

"Is that suppose to be a compliment or a insult?" Aku said as she placed her badge on her left sleeve.

Kalego clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes as grabbed Aku by the arm pulled her closer to him before fixing Aku's badge. Aku felt shocked, she never thought Kalego would be nice towards her. But he was, yet it still felt unbelievable. When Kalego was finished, he released his grip on Aku.

"Good grief! Despite your rank, you truly are hopeless," Kalego glared.

'Hopeless? Am I really that hopeless because I can't properly placed my badge on myself?! How dare you!!!' Aku glared back.

When Aku glared at Kalego, he only glared more intimating.

'This little brat!' Kalego twitched in annoyance.

'Dumb old fart!' Aku gritted her teeth.

Aku soon gave up her glaring as she sighs deeply, realizing that she could never win against Kalego in a glaring contest. Kalego twitched once again, but not out of frustration it was out of surprise. Kalego didn't thought Aku would give up so easily. It announced him, as Kalego watched Aku walking away.

Kalego spoke. "Aku Kuro!"

Aku turning her attention towards her strict teacher with a confused expression on her face. 'What's the matter this time?'

"Listen to me well, because I'm only going to say this once. Do not bring shame to this school nor towards your family, you understand?" Kalego spoke with a intimating voice.

Aku was slightly annoyed by Kalego's statement yet she was also surprised. She didn't thought Kalego would something like that towards her. Was Kalego worried about her? Aku giggled to herself at thought of the strict intimating and ruthless teacher was was genuinely worrying about her.

"Is there something amusing that I'm unaware of Miss Kuro?" Kalego said while glaring.

'Oh my God! Did really call me Miss?' Aku tried to hold herself from bursting from laughter.

"Well?" Kalego sneered.

Aku held her hand up as she slowly regained herself. "I'm sorry, it's really nothing. I'll keep what you said in mind,"

Kalego huffed while slightly nodding his head. Aku almost giggled again when she saw Kalego with a slightly satisfied expression on his face.

"Well, I better get going to my next class now. Later," Aku said as she waved at Kalego before walking away.

"You better be respectful towards your teachers you little brat!" Kalego growled.

Aku sighed as she carried on walking. "Yeah, yeah~ whatever you say dad,"

Kalego fidgeted as he instantly caught Aku by the shoulder, halting Aku at her tracks. "What did do call me?"

'Oh s****!' Aku mentally curse to herself.

"Nothing..." Aku responded nervously as she failed to release herself from Kalego deathly grip.

"Don't play with me Kuro! I'll ask you again. What. Did. You. Just. Called. Me?" Kalego spoke in voice you can only call Menacing.

"Didn't thought I have to use this so soon..." Aku muttered to herself.

"What are you muttering about?" Kalego said as he tightened his grip.

Kalego suddenly felt his fingers slipping through Aku's shoulder, as Aku's body began to sink into a black hole in the ground.

Kalego steps back before hearing Aku muttering. "Shadow Movement..."

After saying that, Aku's was consumed by her own shadow. Kalego only could watch as a black spot on the ground shifted and removed itself out of sight.

"Uh... what in the netherworld just happened?" That's a good question there Kalego, allow me (The Author) to explain in the next chapter.

TO
BE
CONTINUE