iii. a historical castle

・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

REINA'S POV

I found out why Stef said she'd be seeing me in a few days. My some magical force, an event appeared on my work calendar appropriately titled "Venue Searching with the Bestie!"

Remind me to delete my assistant's number from Stef's contacts when I see her.

A knock on my office door forces me to tear my eyes away from the desktop, and I squint my eyes to see my coworker waving from the other side of the one-way mirror. She isn't even looking at me, but close enough. "Come in!" I call out, minimizing the window where a half-written email remained.

I don't look up when the door opens, not until the shadow of my coworker hinders my vision. I straighten up then, flashing a pleasant smile to the girl at my desk. "Hey, Linds, what's up?"

She extends a folder out to me, and I take it with no hesitation. "Here's the spreadsheet you requested for costs of our go-to caterers, photographers, videographers and musicians."

I flick open the dull yellow folder, and give a nod, the contents exactly as she said they would be. "Right, thank you so much, Linds." I expect her to immediately leave the room, but she lingers for a moment, her shadow still casting down on me. I raise my head to shoot her a look, and her eyes widen, like she hadn't expected to be questioned. "Is there something else?"

Lindsey shakes her head. "No..." She trails off in a manner that directly contradicts what she was saying. I lower the folder to lie flat on my desk, placing my hands on top of them to indicate she had my undivided attention. Then Lindey lets out a sigh, dropping into the chair across from me. "It's just...I haven't seen any events on our events board, so did one of the interns forget to put it up or something because I manage-"

I cut Lindsey off with a chuckle. "Don't worry, Linds, you're on top of things. This was for a personal manner."

Her tense shoulders relax. "Oh, thank god." Then she perks up, eyes bright with excitement. "So, you're planning a wedding?" I blink rapidly, caught off guard by her assumption, to which Lindsey laughs. "All the things you asked me are wedding vendors, I just assumed." I could see her eyes flick down to my hand that rested on the desk, and I could see she tried not to seem disappointed by the lack of ring on my finger. "So, a friend's wedding?"

I snickered. "Best friend, yeah. I'm the maid of honor, so it's a lot of pressure." Like she could hear me talking about her, my phone lit up as a notification appeared on the screen. Much to my dismay, it was an address, followed by a 'see you in 15!' "Duty calls," I mutter, standing up from my desk, folder in hand. "See you tomorrow, Lindsey."

She gives a small smile. "Best of luck with your wedding duties."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.