Episode 15

"Harper, what have you done?" Ryan asked, sorrowfully

"I know your mother is inside. Give her to me, actually give me both her and Beth or they burn with the rest of humanity." Harper said

"Wait... so you think I'll just abandon my friends, my brother, my kinda-almost-not-to-sure-what-we-are-boyfriend, for SAFETY?" I yelled at him, "Clearly, we need to go over the girl you raised." I scoffed, "Remember a couple years ago, you told me not to abandon your friends and family even if the consequences for staying by them are great. Well, that's what I'm doing." I told him.

"Beth, I'm your father. I don't want to kill you." Harper pleaded with me. I rolled my eyes

"No you're not. And you've tried to kill me with sooooo many monsters," I said bitterly, "You are not my dad. And I am not your daughter. Ryan, let's end this guy." I said

"If that's the way you want it." Harper said ominously. Ryan turned off the video feed

"i'm getting real tired of that guy talking about our family." Ryan said

"X-weapon that jerk?" Mark asked

"X-weapon that jerk." I confirmed. I buckled myself in place so the x-weapon could draw power from the both of us.

"Mech Xecute." Ryan yelled. Both of us rose into the air. I was vaguely aware of my body being on fire but the sensation felt more like tickling. I put as much power as I had into the weapon and did my best to sustain it. Then the agony hit. I may have screamed but that could have been Ryan, I wasn't really sure. I couldn't keep up the weapon anymore and I fell to the ground, well as far as I could in my harness. I was breathing really heavily.

"It did nothing?" I asked, between breaths.

"That was the biggest weapon we had." Harris said.

"And I was ready. It's a shame really. Ryan, Mark, Harris, Beth," Harper said, leaving out Spyder, "I had a spot for each of you in my new world."

"Harper, we'll stop you." Ryan stated

"No you won't. You don't have the power. But you do have Grace and Beth, so I'm not inclined to tear your little robot apart." Harper told us.

"Sweet." Spyder cheered

"For now." Harper finished

"I always fall for that." He muttered

"I'll give you a few minutes to say your goodbyes before you turn them over, but don't take too long." Harper said and disappeared.

"Pfffft... fat chance I'll go with him." I muttered.

"But if you survive... then you should go with him." Spyder told me

"NO! I'm not leaving you guys to die! If you die, I die too." I protested.

"Liz-" Spyder started.

"Spyder, get this through your thick skull. I'm. Not. Leaving." I said, stubbornly and then hugged him, burying my face in his jacket. We both broke the embrace and I gave Spyder a compulsive kiss one the cheek. He wrapped his arms around me and Ryan continued his speech.

"We're the only ones that can stop Harper." Ryan said, then I noticed his mom was peering through the hatch.

"uhh, Ryan..." I started. He ignored me and continued ranting.

"This is what this robot was built for." Ryan said

"ahem." Grace cleared her throat to get Ryan's attention

"Heyyyyy heh heh heh. Look who's here." Leo said awkwardly. Ryan turned around and got himself out of the harness.

"Mom, you're awake." Ryan said