Prologue

-

HazelKit scurries across camp, laughing in excitement as she was pursued by her litter mates.
"You'll never catch me!" She teased as her paws thundered against the short grass.
"Oh yes we will!" Her sister, PeakKit, yelled in reply. "Yeah, you better watch out!" Her other sister, LynxKit, mewed in agreement.
HazelKit chuckled and dashed on. Suddenly, weight slammed into her side. HazelKit squeaked as she tumbled on the ground.
She scurried to her paws, whipping around. "What was that for?" HazelKit growled.
"Oh I'm sorry, but watching you three play pathetic games all day was just unbearable," sneered the cream she-kit, her yellow eyes grazing HazelKit's emotion as she searched for a reaction.
"Well LilyKit, I'm sorry we have friends we can play with. It's not our fault StarClan sent you down as a friend-less loser," HazelKit puffed out her chest and lifted her chin.
PeakPaw and LynxKit snickered.
"HazelKit!" A strict, piercing meow made HazelKit's fur stand on end.
"Y-yes mother?" HazelKit turned around slowly.
Her mother's name was LarkBreeze. She was a beautiful brown and white spotted she-cat, with sky blue eyes.
"Do not talk to your den mates like that! For StarClan's sake, was has gotten into you? Get back into the nursery, now." LarkBreeze growled.
HazelKit lowered her head, "okay..." She got to her paws and sulked towards the nursery. She could feel LilyKit's prideful, sneery gaze burning on her spine.
HazelKit slumped down in her bed, huffing.
It isn't fair.
"Hey HazelKit!" A sturdy tom waddled over.
HazelKit looked up at the Russian-blue tom, his amazingly icy-blue eyes gazing at her.
"Hi, RampageKit," She replied shortly.
"What happened?" RampageKit asked.
"LilyKit was being mean to me, LynxKit, and PeakKit. And I got in trouble for it," HazelKit lashed her tail.
"Oh, I'm sorry about that.." RampageKit replied.
"She deserves it, being an annoying rascal all the time."
HatchKit.
HazelKit looked up at HatchKit, the dark brown tabby she-cat with green eyes.
"Playing is different from being annoying. Of course you wouldn't know that, since you don't play," HazelKit replied sharply. HatchKit, surprisingly, was her litter mate.
HatchKit growled in response, "Play fighting and the other games are basic. Brute strength gets you nowhere. I focus on improving my mind, the most powerful attack."
HazelKit rolled her eyes, resting her head on her paws.
"Do you want me to stay with you?" RampageKit asked.
"No, it's okay. I'd rather be alone anyway," HazelKit replied. RampageKit was nice, and was definitely her closest friend other than LynxKit and PeakKit.
RampageKit nodded, trotting off.

HazelKit had dozed off for a bit, and woke up to the sound of playful squealing. She saw LilyKit and RampageKit tussling in the camp.
HazelKit flexed her claws, curling up into a tighter ball.

I can't wait until I'm an apprentice. Then I'll be more busy training than having to be around these flea-bags.