Chapter 1

-

"Come on HazelKit!" PeakKit jabbed her side.
HazelKit's eyes shot open. She blinked a couple times, getting to her paws swiftly. It took a moment to brush off her sleepy mind, but once she did, excitement filled her from her tail-tip to paws.
"I can't wait to train to be a warrior!" LynxKit stood on her haunches, battering the air.
"Me too!" HazelKit purred.
HatchKit stayed quiet, like always.
"You guys will be burdens to the clan," LilyKit muttered.
HazelKit only scoffed, ignoring her. Today was to exciting to be ruined by LilyKit.
"You four need to have clean pelts before you leave this den," LarkBreeze chuckled, scooping the four kits close and grooming their fur.
HazelKit would complain, but she didn't protest. She didn't have the energy to be negative, not when she was filled with adrenaline and anticipation.

After what felt like forever of waiting still in order to keep her fur clean, a yowl from FidgetStar made her heart leap in her throat.
"It's happening!" LynxKit gasped.
"Come on," HollyRapid, HazelKit's father, ushered them out of the den. LilyKit was getting a last minute groom from her mother SoftShine, while RampageKit sat next to his mother IceNose. RampageKit's father, SeaTail, had abandoned the family, and sat a little farther away.
HazelKit sat in between LynxKit and PeakKit. HatchKit said to the left of LynxKit.
"Warriors of ThunderClan, today is a wonderful day. Six young kits will become apprentices, the most we have had for many seasons." FidgetStar announced, her silver tabby pelt glistening in the early sunlight.
FidgetStar leapt off the Highrock, and padded to the center of the clearing.
"HatchKit, please step forward," FidgetStar addressed her.
"Good luck HatchKit!" HazelKit murmured. HatchKit looked back at her, surprisingly looking grateful.
HatchKit stood in front of FidgetStar, looking up at her.
"HatchKit, I've observed you for many moons. Though you weren't interested in play-fighting, you seemed to have another strength. Your will to learn is strong, and it only makes sense that your path is to become a medicine cat," FidgetStar looked over at PlumWillow, the cream tabby medicine cat, who trotted over happily.
"HatchKit, from this moment forward, until you receive your medicine-cat name, you will be known as HatchPaw. Your mentor will be PlumWillow."
HatchPaw purred, touching noses with PlumWillow.
"Wow, that's so cool!" PeakKit meowed.
PeakKit and LynxKit were next, receiving their 'paw. PeakPaw's mentor is AntherClaw, a powerful dark-copper tom. LynxKit's mentor is AmberJay, a kind yet powerful she-cat warrior.
"And last but certainly not least of LarkBreeze's litter: HazelKit. Please step forward," FidgetStar's powerful green gaze rested on her.
HazelKit got to her paws shakily, padding over and gazing up at her leader.
"HazelKit, from this day forward, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as HazelPaw. Your mentor will be SunLeap," FidgetStar announced.
Yes! SunLeap! HazelPaw's heart bursted in joy as she turned towards the sandy she-cat, touching noses with her and meeting her bright green eyes.
"I look forward to teaching you," SunLeap purred.

RampagePaw was next, reviving FernLeap as his mentor. LilyPaw's mentor is RoseThorn.
"Who wants to go patrol the borders?" SunLeap asked.
"Me!" HazelPaw, LynxPaw, PeakPaw, and RampagePaw all said at practically the same time.
"Oh, and me!" LilyPaw added.
SunLeap purred, "Quite the army of apprentice's."
"RampagePaw, how about we stay in camp for now and do other things? We can patrol the territory later, when it's less busy," FernLeap meowed.
"Okay!" RampagePaw smiled.
"Hey, LilyPaw, PlumWillow and HatchPaw will need help collecting herbs. We'll patrol the territory later," RoseThorn meowed.
LilyPaw scoffed under her breath, getting up and following her mentor.
Ungrateful weasel! HazelPaw flexed her claws.
She followed SunLeap, AntherClaw, and AmberJay into the forest alongside her siblings.
"Wow!" PeakPaw breathed, "Look how big that tree is!"
"Can we climb it?" LynxPaw asked.
"Not yet," AmberJay replied, "Once you're more advanced at hunting, you can have your shot at hunting squirrels up there."
HazelPaw shivered, "What if some-cat fell?"
"Well, that's why we need to wait until you are all further into your apprenticeship. Right now, you wouldn't have the strength to grab onto a branch mid fall, nor the powerful build to sustain the fall with little injury." SunLeap explained.
"Did any of you climb the tree?" PeakPaw asked.
"We all have. None of us fell, luckily, but you could ask RobinWing about her experience," AntherClaw meowed with a chuckle.