Chapter 6

A week has passed by and still, I am staying here in this house. I tried to convince them that I'll be alright by myself but Antonio just doesn't listen.

Everyone's very lovely and caring, I never get bored as there's always someone to give me a nice company.

He has such a lovely garden. Hail brought me badminton. Antonio wasn't allowing me to play due to my injury. But I pleaded with my puppy eyes and see, we played a lot then. I also had a headache after that but I didn't tell anyone about it or else he'd scold me.

"Jane!" Ronaldo called

"Yeah"

"Where are you going? Dinner?"

I shook my head "I am not hungry actually, I'll sleep" from the corner of my eye I saw Antonio's jaw rock hard. It's better if I sleep before he asks me something. I turned and went upstairs straight into my room. The first thing I did was switched off the torturous light.

I slumped on the bed, my face into pillow pushing hard to ease the pain. I groaned into the pillow.

A few minutes later, I heard a click sound. Then creaking of the door. Then the sound of the switch. I internally groaned. Thank God my face was in the pillow.

"Get up" I acted as if I am asleep

"I said get up, I know you're awake" I stirred and tried hard not to scream from the light that was teasing my eyes.

"Yes, What is it?" I was still looking down trying to open my eyes. I closed one eye and looked up at him with the other. He was looking at me like he'd murder me right away.

"What happened?" His icy voice back

"Nothing, just tired"

His lips formed a grim line. I gave him a sheepish smile.

He walked towards the bed and set the tray In front of me.

"Eat it"

"But I am not..." I shut up when I saw his glare

He sat on the couch observing me while I eat. When I was finished, I walked to the washroom trying hard not to fall. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. A pain shot through my head again, I held my head supporting my elbows on the sink. Resisted the urge to scream.

The door burst open, I didn't have to look who was it. I knew.

"You need to learn manners, knock before coming. My head still between my hands and eyes still closed.

Suddenly a squeal left my lips as the ground beneath me vanished and I was floating in the air. I supported myself by holding his neck. And rested my head on his chest, his heartbeat was calm. I wonder how when mine was racing. He placed me on the bed and left my side.

I felt empty as he left, just then lights went off, a duvet was pulled over me and bed pressed beside me. A small smile appeared on my face, he tucked his arm under my head. I snuggled more into him. Another hand appeared resting on my forehead massaging it. It really soothed the pain.

A few minutes later sleep consumed me.

•••

Antonio comes to the bakery with me every day. He sits in a corner keeping an eye on me. Only once it happened, he sent Sal and Mark because he had to attend something important. I appreciate it, tho people get scared seeing him but when they see he's harmless they avoid him.

Antonio doesn't talk to me much. He just ignores me and tells me the necessary things and I follow. Currently, I stay in the room next to him.

It's been a week and I am much better now, I am really excited as Hail told me that we'll be going clubbing to their nightclub and I'll be joining them too. I chose a cute red dress with white polka dots that ends just above my knees. My hair was down into brown curls bouncing up and down. "Oh my! You look gorgeous" hail complemented while I was ready to go.

"Thank you, you don't look bad either." He wore a leather jacket with jeans and a white shirt. Hail is well built too and he looks edible but not more than... forget it. I blushed. We've been good friends.

"Oh thank you" he gave a dramatic bow with hand on the chest and muttered something which was like "May God help Antonio" Earning a glare from me to which he chuckled

We went downstairs and everyone was seated Alex, Sal, Mark, Tom, Beck, and many others I don't even remember their names. The sound of footsteps was heard and everyone turned to the origin. Antonio was descending the stairs. He was dressed in perfect denim jeans with a navy blue t-shirt. He looked so edible, I could see his perfectly built body too. I resisted the urge to trace the lines on them and looked away. Heat rose to my cheeks.

He stood beside me and nodded everyone to let's go.
He gave me a quick glance and said "You'll come with me" anger surged into me. What the fuck! He didn't even look at me. I chose to ignore him too so I followed.

We sat on the bike he held my hands from behind him to put them on his waist. And started riding. At this moment I forgot I was angry 2 minutes ago. They all ride soo fast what if we slip? I closed my eyes as my hands tightened, and leaned my head on his back. His body shook and I am one hundred and ten percent sure he laughed. When we finally stopped I saw everyone smirking looking at us so I quickly jerked away, all the blood came rushing onto my face.

We sat on the bar and Hail ordered me some shots. It felt so good after so long. I had my last drink on the day I graduated. If anyone would've told me that I'll be staying with a gang of bikers and partying I'd have laughed. I had another round of few more shots, when I ordered it again Antonio came and gulped all four of mine.

I looked at him pissed, he just grabbed my hand and took me to the floor, he looked drunk, he grabbed my waist slamming me into him. Our foreheads touched and we just swayed, and then suddenly he captured my lips. I gasped, he took advantage of my shocked state and devoured my mouth with his tongue. His hands exploring each and every curve of my body. Sparks of electricity passed through my veins as sucked and nibbled on my lower lip. He smelled like mint, cinnamon, and a bit of something else.

I leaned closer to him if there was any space between us and kissed him back. We fought for dominance but in the end, he won and I let him. It was like everything around me vanished suddenly and just the two of us were holding each other. I was short of breath but I didn't care I just wanted to stay like this forever. It was the best kiss of my life.

He suddenly pulled away and we were gasping for air, he leaned into me, his forehead touching mine.

After a while, his expression turns into something else. Was it regret? He jerked away. His eyes were blazing with fire, he took a step backward and then another and another. Then turned and left me on the floor thinking about what just happened. My eyes started stinging, a lone tear escaped my eye but I didn't let it fall further for a coward like him.

I sat with others and thought about everything that happened. Did he leave me? But why? Then why did he initiate it? What's wrong with him? I feel rejected, used. I sat with Hail while coming back

We walked to the front door and suddenly the door opened and my bag was thrown out with my keys by him only.

What the fuck?

"This woman will not stay here. She ruined my life. We lived so peacefully before and now, see I have to be her fucking bodyguard so just get lost!" He screamed on top of his lungs. I flinched. I don't know by what, the words or his tone.

Hail stepped forward "bro you're drunk....." but Antonio interrupted him

"Drunk my ass just..." hail cut him off before he could finish

"Just shut up! You don't know what you're saying, you'll regret tomorrow. She's the one who made us laugh this whole time, we had fun we've been like family to each other or else we don't even look at each other!" He matched his tone

Antonio was blinking for several minutes as if drinking his words and what just happened to him. "I don't care I am not her guard or something and my house isn't a homeless shelter so I don't want her here, tell her to get lost!" He growled and turned on his heels.

"You'll regret it brother" Hail mumbled and grabbed my wrist dragging me away

Vote and comment♥️