Chapter 11

Antonio

Everything was shattered around me and there was continuous thumping on the door. "For God's sake just shut up and leave me alone!!" I growled. I walked to the mirror and with effort met the eyes of the murderer who stared back at me. They were as red as a beetroot. I let out a growl and punched the reflection, in a second it was shattered into a hundred pieces.

I went on my knees and let out a cry. My whole body shook as hot tears constantly made their way down. I picked up a broken piece of mirror and closed my fist around it tightly. The pain wasn't anything that I felt right now in my heart.

There was a huge bang, I knew what it was so I didn't need to turn and see. A firm hand was kept on my shoulder "Antonio, stop it. And.." he stopped in the middle of the track "for God's sake what's wrong with your hand!" He sat beside me and tried to open my fist but it wouldn't budge "Antonio! Are you crazy? Beck! Beck! Just fucking come here!" He shouted

"What?" Another voice appeared. Everyone felt like the dead, it was a barely-there voice

"Look at his hand! I can't open it! Help me! Come!"

I heard footsteps "Shit! Are you out of your mind?!" That was it, I've had enough.

I abruptly stood up and threw the piece on the wall which made it broke further. "Shut up both of you! I am fine! And now that bastard will suffer, he'll suffer till he asks for his own death but he won't get it! He'll suffer till he'll be begging me and rubbing his nose on the ground but he won't get it!" With that, I stormed out of the room. Rage controlled my body, I could hear Beck and Hail calling out but I ignored and went out, slid on my bike, and drove off.

Hail pov

"Beck, go and follow him. I'll try to trace those bastards and we're going to teach them a lesson. He can't do it alone, they'll kill him"

He nodded and ran out. I tried to trace the number from which he messaged us timings but it was switched off. Damn him! They've definitely looked for a new place, they know that they stepped into a hungry lion's den now.

My phone rang, "Yeah, where's he?"

"He's heading towards the forest, I don't understand why. Do they have a hideout there?" Beck asked puzzled

"I don't think so, Antonio never mentioned it but maybe I know why he's going there."

"Huh? Why?"

"An eye for an eye, a life for a life"

"Ohhh! What now? He's alone"

"You call others right away and I am tracking that location, maybe I could find something"

"Okay"

I immediately opened my server and just then my phone rang again. I groaned, it was an unknown number. I didn't have time to attend useless calls so I let it ring and continued my work. It rang for the fourth time now, I groaned and picked up "What?"

"H-hail" my eyes widened

"Jane? Is that you?" I shot up on my legs

"Y-yeah" her voice was low and scared

"Where are you? I am coming right now"

"I-I don't know, I-I j-just ran away. It looks like a forest and I am calling from a telephone booth. Hail please be quick they're near, they can get me anytime"

I stood up and ran towards my bike making sure I had my gun "Calm down, I am on my way just stay hidden and don't come out until you see me, am I clear?"

"Yes, hurry"

I hung up

I drove towards the forest and I am grateful that there's only one phone booth there, which is near the route to the highway. I sped like a rocket, there was a fear in me that if I didn't reach on time, and due to my carelessness she could end up in their hands again.

I took out my phone and called Beck. Damn him! Why isn't he picking up? I called Antonio too but he wasn't receiving it either. What the fuck is wrong with them? When it is necessary they're not picking it up. Antonio is out of his senses right now, he needs to know that she's fine even I don't know how.

She was shot in front of us but I am very grateful to God that she's alright. I need to tell him as soon as possible or he could do anything that he'd regret whole life and maybe they're near to her and could reach before me but damn them.

After about fifteen minutes I finally reached the booth. I slid off from the bike and ran towards it in search of her. "Jane!" I looked around but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Jane!!" I called out louder but no answer. I fell on my knees and let out a cry. I messed up again, she was just in my hands but I lost her again and I don't know if I could ever see her again.

There was hustling sound at my right near a bush. I looked up to see a figure standing. I wiped my eyes with the back of my sleeve to clear my vision, there she was looking at me with teary eyes and a huge smile. I abruptly stood up and she fastened her steps towards me. I opened my arms and just then she violently engulfed me into a hug. Joy and relief spread through me and I hugged her back tightly letting out my sobs and so did she. She pulled away "Where's he?" I didn't need to ask who, I knew it.

I sighed "Let's go"

"Where?" She looked puzzled

"To get him"

A smile spread on her face as she nodded and followed me

So, guys, the book is coming to an end soon,
Tell me how do you feel seeing Jane back?
Vote and comment ♥️