A/N: This idea came to me while I was in the car and I thought why not make an imagine out of it. 😂😁

Being a shield maiden in the Viking era and being Eric's protector before and after you both were turned isn't always the best job.

Cast:
thesamurider as Y/N

Alexander Skarsgård as Eric Northman

You're sitting in a chair with your feet propped up sharpening your knives

You're sitting in a chair with your feet propped up sharpening your knives. Fangtasia was finally closed for the night which was a huge relief for you considering you worked the bar tonight. You've been Eric's "protector" (as Pam likes to call it) since he was human and ever since then you've never left his side.

Before your vampire life, you came from a wealthy Ghanaian family but your family left Ghana for Sweden after your village was under attack and burned down. Shortly after your family's arrival you became a well-skilled shield maiden and met Eric in battle and you both became quite fond of one another and since then you've been protecting him.

You finish sharpening your knives while listening to Y/F/S. Eric comes from the back walking towards you, you look up at him with your eyebrow raised. He comes and sits beside you.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N" he picks up one of your knives playing with it. "What's with all the knives tonight? I'm not in any kind of danger." He smirks and watches you as you continue to sharpen them.

You lightly laugh. "One must always be prepared Northman. Your life is very valuable to many and the foolish people you surround yourself with could try and take your life at any moment."

He lightly laughs "You're very wise Miss Y/N you always have been, but watch the words that come out of that little mouth of yours. We've had this discussion plenty of times before."

"And every time we have this "discussion" I refuse to listen so why would that all of a sudden change now." You get up and put your knives away and grab a bottle of True Blood.