Chapter 24

It had been a peaceful month, no phone call well since Draven got a new phone and gave his old one to Ahgoney no problems... nothing just peace and happiness and the horrible night had finally come. Draven was leaning over the balcony in the ball room waiting for Eboney.

He was watching all the couples dancing and laughing. He watched as Layla and Malicious tried to dance, he was a little off beat and more trying to take advantage of his mate than dance, Draven couldn't help, but chuckle he knew the feeling.

Stryker danced with other young ladies as a perfect stiff board, not really making eye contact with any of them obviously just there to make an appearance Draven knew Stryker was in search of his reborn mate where ever she might be. Lazarus was with the female from the restaurant, Willow. Neither one of them really hating each others company, nor totally loving it either.

Eboney's uncles were having a good time as well, Xavier dancing with his pregnant mate and Xander making small talk with some males by the bar. Then there was Ahgoney, Payne and Hharm sitting at the brotherhood table chatting, laughing and drinking. It looked fun and happy down there, but under it all was hate and envy so much anger and jealousy. It is horrible and disgusting and he truly hated it all, but it was the best place to keep himself safe... he could keep his eyes on all his enemies this way.

He heard someone clear their throat, he turned around and Eboney was nervously standing there. His mouth fell open and his heart felt like it jumped up this throat.

Eboney's hair was curled softly and pulled to one side. Her dress was a black chiffon evening gown, the spaghetti straps came down into a soft V neck with no back. When she moved her right leg a very high slit showed just the right amount of leg and if it went high enough a small hidden piece of lace was there to make it even more alluring. His eyes caught the dark red heels that matched her lipstick. Eboney looked like she never had before it blew Draven away and he almost didn't know what to say.

"Wow, I want to call you beautiful, but that might be and understatement."

Eboney smiled a little. "Its not to much, everyone is wearing ball gowns and I'm wearing this... I think I'm under dressed, maybe I should go put something else on..." She said going to walk away when Draven grabbed her hand.

"Don't you dare... you look...fantastic, all the females will envy you and all the males will wish they had you."

She smiled "But..."

"Nothing, Those dresses are terrible. You can't sit or dance there awful and not to mention I can't get close to you in those, in this one I can get as close as I want." He spoke pulling her against his chest.

She giggled and kissed him. "Well when you put it that way..."

"Shall we head down in to hell now?" Draven asked.

She laughed "We shall."

She smiled and wrapped her arm around his and followed him down the stairs and she heard a few gasps and whispers, she gripped his arm tighter, when she felt a reassuring kiss on the back on her hand.

"I knew I should have changed my dress..."

He smiled. "They are gasping because your with me, not your beautiful dress."

"Why would they do that...?" She asked and then bit her lip.

"Never mind... I know why I just... I'm so nervous." She added.

He laughed as they got to the bottom.

"I'm glad you don't see me that way beautiful, but they all still do." He whispered.