Suit Up

After their training day, everyone was huddled up in Charles' study, watching a news report according an impending war between Americans and Soviets. The news did made them worry, of the humans starting a war with themselve. And that's what Shaw exaclty wants to happen, for the human race to wipe themselves so that the mutants can rule the world.

"This is ridiculous." [Y/N] breathed out.

"But it's real and it's happening." Erik's voice, grim and steely. Like the first times he shared a conversation with him.

President Kennedy is making his announcement about the impending attack between the two nations and soon after the possibility of world war III.

"That's where were gonna find Shaw." Erik pointed at the T.V. gaining everyone's attention.

"How'd you know?" Alex asked Erik, looking up to him.

"Two superpowers facing off, and he wants to start world war three. He won't leave anything to chance." Charles answered for Erik. Ofcourse it did made everyone nervous, it just means that they have to face off the enemy by tomorrow.

"To wipe out humanity." [Y/N] ruefully supplied. Alex rested his hand on his left shoulder for comfort.

"So much for diplomacy." Erik sarcastically muttured and faced the group.

"I suggest getting a good night's sleep." He was right ofcourse, a mission is needed to be finished. The fate of human race needs saving and the mutant kind will do it's best to stop Shaw, ultimately, revealing the mutants to the world.

After the little group up they all adjourned and went to their rooms, night little by little settling on them. [Y/N] felt nervous though, he felt excited but also scared. He does not want to fail this mission or fail his comrades, he wants to prove that mutants can be good and they should not fear what they are.

He also noticed that Raven isn't as close to him as they did before trainings start and wants to know what's that about. He wants to check on his sister. He walked to the his sister's room, but found that there's no one inside, no breathing or movements to be heared so he decided to roam and find her somewhere else.

Until he heared her voice in.. Erik's room? He double checked if he heared what he thought he heared. Out of no where he found himself opening the door, and when the door opened wide he was greeted by the sight of Raven and Erik kissing.

"Oh." He involuntarily let out.

They both parted, Raven a little too surprised and Erik looking at him.

"I- uhm, sorry if I interrupted something." [Y/N] quickly said and hastily closed the door and marched away from the room. He felt some type of anger, some type of strong feeling. Envy? Fright? Confusion? Perhaps, jealousy. But why? Who was he jealous of.. his own sister? Erik? It made no sense to him.

He was so clouded by the strange feeling he did not noticed Raven following him.

"[Y/N]! Wait." He reached his shoulder turning him, he was a little surpised that she was on her natural blue form and I guess Erik made her realized that it was for the best.

"Seriously, Raven?" He asked, venom on his voice.

"What? What did I do wrong?" She asked him, what did she do wrong, he thought.

"Look. I just came to say sorry because I did not get in touch with you for almost a week, sorry if I interrupted your little meeting." He dragged the last word out.

"I'm sorry too, but. Why aren't you talking to me? And why are you angry?"

"I am not angry. I just don't know Raven, ok? I will rest now." Before he can turn and leave she grabbed her shoulders to face her again. It was one of Raven's best suit, being too stubborn that is. She won't stop until she gets answers.