Part 12 - Melanie

No ones POV...

Loki and Dexter were on their way down to the lab. Loki was a little nervous. This once - has - been in love and that thing yesterday made him curious and really thrilled to ask Dexter what had happened. Who that girl was and all the other questions. But...would Dexter answer him his questions or rather hurt him ? It was a no-no subject. Loki knew those very well, he himself has some and if someone would dare ask him one of those, he would snap and stab them. So would Dexter do the same ? Maybe worse ?

"What is troubleing you ?", Dexter asked.

Loki snapped out of his thoughts and gulped.

"You are nervous. Either you did something horrible and are afraid that if I find out, I will punish you hard and strictly or you have a question of where you know that it is a tabu theme. Let me guess who warned you...LION ?"

Loki snapped his head to look at Dexter and nodded scared even more now. He just read him somehow and found out that Loki was very scared. Loki was terrified.

"Love stop being afraid. I can smell your fear and I bet I would still smell it when you were on the other end of my property. Ask the question and let me decide if I will answer it or not."

Loki swallowed hard.

"L-LION s-said that you had once fallen in love, but that woman betrayed you and since then you closed off....I wanted to know everything about it...But LION said I shall better never ask, because you would start being cold and attack, hurt and threaten the person, who would dare ask that...Maybe even murder them..."

Dexter went stiff as he heard Loki say 'once fallen in love'. He growled loudly and Loki saw how Dexter's face suddenly flickered. He saw a scar on his cheek. Before he saw more, it flickered again and Dexter's face was back to normal.

'He hides his real face....Why ?'

"It is true. Everything LION said and everyone knows about this incident. So, you are an exception. I will tell you, but don't you dare to bring it ever up again, got it ? I will tell you this once and not more than once."

Loki nodded.

"Good."

Dexter took a deep breath, pressed a black button and the whole lift stopped.

"Sit down and then start to listen to me."

Loki did as told, Dexter also sat down.

"A long time ago, me and my people went into a base, got out some poor humans, destroyed the base and then we met her...She was chased from the same people we just destroyed the base of. The organisation was called HYDRA. They tortured innocent kids. We killed the people and took the poor woman with us. Her name was Melanie. Melanie was a very beautiful girl. Green eyes, black short hair, red lips, perfect bodyshape and an absoulute sexbomb...", Dexter chuckled.

"She snaked her way into all of our hearts, even mine. Fox didn't trust her tho. He warned me to watch out. I always thought that he was just jealous, so I never listened to him. We told, showed and trusted her with everything. We did everything with her together. We helped her to stand on her own two feet again...at least we thought that..."

Dexter took a deep breath.

"I gave her papers and she sorted them, we gave her her own armor, mask and weapons. We trained her everything we knew. Her room was never with LION's funktions, she did everything on her own. I always offered her LION's assistance, but she always refused. Told me that she didn't want to bother LION more than he is already. Me, dumb and lovestruck as I was, believed her and never let anyone spy on her. She let me believe that she loved me, like I did. We kissed, fucked and everything. God...we all had fun with her. Then suddenly she acted strangely. She talked with herself, until I realized that she talked with someone on the phone we gifted her, saying something about 'Project Demise is still running'. I listened to her talking, but they talked in codes, I couldn't decipher...Then we had a mission...A very sudden, dangerous and unexpected mission. Me and Melanie went into another HYDRA base. She suddenly screamed my name and I ran to her, just to see her well and then I got knocked out."