Fighting himself

-Diane's POV-

The Captain just stood there silent, looking at the ground.

"Tell us Captain." I said.

He looked up and around at everyone. Then he shakes his head as a no.

"Please sir Meliodas, we want to help." Elizabeth said.

"No." Captain said, shaking his head again.

We all got little closer to him. He tried  get away but couldn't. He wasn't gonna hurt us. Then black marks started to appear on his skin and his eyes turned black. We just looked at him. Everyone was a little scared, you could see it on their faces, except Elizabeth. Elizabeth didn't look scared. Then the Captain took his hands to his head and started screaming.

"AARRRGGGG" He screamed.

He continued to scream 'NO!' And 'Agghhh'. It looked like he was in pain. Then he fell on the ground. We all run to him but Elizabeth was the fastest. When Elizabeth was right beside him, trying to help him, he just pushed her back. We others tried to help him too but got pushed back like Elizabeth. We could just watch him in all that pain.

"C... Captain, w... what is h... happening?" Escanor asked.

Captain didn't respond. Gowther took a peak in the Captain's mind. When he snapped out from it he fell on the ground and looked terrified. The doll that didn't show any emotion was horrified.

"What did you see?" Ban asked.

"He... he is..." Gowther said.

"Let us see what you saw." Merlin commended.

"No!" Gowther said.

"Please, Gowther." I said.

He just shook his head. Looking at the Captain, still terrified.

"Tell us, what did you see?" King asked.

"The Captain is... he is..." Gowther started.

"What is he?" Hawk asked.

"He is fighting himself, or more precisely, he is fighting his inner demon." Gowther continued.

What we heard shocked us all. We could just look at the Captain, scared, but not as scared as Gowther.

"What did you see that made you that scared?" Hawk asked, not knowing what made everyone shocked.

Without thinking Gowther used his magic to show us what he saw.

What I saw was some black shadow like figure of the Captain. Trying to take control over the real Captain, brake him, cross him, kill him. The Captain was fighting back.

The shadow thing said much things, but what took my attention was that it said he was going to kill us, the seven deadly sins and Hawk. Then it said something about Elizabeth, but I couldn't hear that bit. The Captain was trying to take control over the shadow like thing when he heard about us and did it when he heard about Elizabeth.

Then I woke up from it. I saw that the Captain was his normal self and everyone else already had woken up. Elizabeth was crying in the Captain's arms of what she saw. Captain was trying to calm down Elizabeth and everyone else looked at me. I saw everyone's faces. They was still horrified from what they saw and it was I too. Then the Captain and a crying Elizabeth walked too us.

"We should go back to the tavern." He said.

-Ban's POV-

We all got back to the tavern. We sat, waiting on the Captain that was in his room, trying to calm down Elizabeth again. I couldn't believe what I saw. I couldn't believe that the Captain was just trying to protect us all from himself. That he was fighting himself. That he is suffering so much.

-Elizabeth's POV- In her room-

I was crying and crying on the bed. Sir Meliodas was sitting beside me, trying to calm me down while the others was downstairs.

"Please Elizabeth, don't cry." Sir Meliodas said.

I just continued crying. Sir Meliodas hugged me. I felt so comfortable and safe with him. I sat there crying, sir Meliodas hugging me and calmed me down. Then he stopped hugging me and I started crying a little more. He pulled me closer to him, hugging me tighter. Then he suddenly kissed my check.

"Please, don't cry Elizabeth. I won't anything happen to you." He said calmly.

"O... okay" I said.

I felt so safe in his arms. He hugged me tighter and then I fell asleep on him.

-Meliodas POV-

When Elizabeth fell asleep, I put her in the bed, on the pillow. Then I got out of the room, walking downstairs. Ready to answer the most of the questions. When I got downstairs everyone starred at me. I just sat down on a chair, waiting on the questions.