We get the answers

-King's POV-

We sat down thinking. I was just thinking about how Elizabeth was feeling and if we really can trust the Captain. He is a demon, why isn't he sealed away like the others. They are sealed away for a reason. They are dangerous and evil. The Captain must be pretending to care, but what was it he was fighting? Then we all heard footsteps coming. It was the Captain coming down and sat infront of us. We all sat down, starring at him. Then someone spoke.

"What was it we saw?" Diane asked.

"What do you mean?" Captain asked.

"It was you and some shadow like thing." Diane answered.

"My inner demon." Captain said, almost whisper.

"What do you mean?" Ban asked.

"Every demon has one, but they do little like they want. I and my demon aren't really the best combination, I need to have control over my emotions so he doesn't take over my body." The Captain said.

"We have seen you lose control before, haven't we?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he is only able to take control when I have negative emotions because I am weakest in those moments." He answered.

"So that's what you always look so happy and have that smile on your face?" Escanor asked.

The Captain just nodded as a yes. Everyone looked down in silence until Diane broke the silence.

"And those cuts?" She asked.

Captain started rolling up his sweater sleeves. Our eyes went wide when we saw that it wasn't any cuts. We just starred at his arms.

"B... but how?" Escanor asked.

Everyone was confused, I think ban was the most confused. We all saw hundred, if not thousands of cuts. Everyone was gone, every little cut.

"My demon powers is able to heal my body." He answered.

"Why did you do them in first place?" Gowther asked.

"I was tired on living." He said.

Everyone looked down, no one knew he was suffering. Ban must be the most confused and saddest. He had the same pain and understand the most of how the Captain was feeling.

"B... but why cuts? I mean you could just... you know?" Diane asked.

"No, I can't. I am immortal like Ban, but on another level. I can die but are going to be revived some hours or days later." Captain answered.

"Why are you tired about your life?" Gowther asked.

Then the Captain froze in that spot. He was just looking down at the floor while everyone was staring at him.