Chapter 13

Regulus got out of the car grabbing Hippo and his bags while James got his own stuff. They walked over to the porch James opening the door to see a lady who was beautiful, she had darker skin and big beautiful eyes, but her smile, oh she had James's smile but an even happier one if possible. James ran up to her giving her a hug, "MOM! I missed you so so much!" The woman wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you too! How have you been? Have you been reading? My, you hated that when you where a kid, but me and Fleamont made sure you still did it." Regulus's felt a little awkward just standing there once he realized it was James's mother he got so worried that she wouldn't like him. Then she saw him and her smile grew, "you must be Regulus! James hasn't stopped talking about you every phone call I get, Regulus this Regulus that. You really are a cutie though. You don't look like your brother at all so that's one wrong thing I've heard." She said walking up to him. "Well where are my manners! I'm Euphemia Potter, it is so nice to meet you love!"

"Hi Ms. Potter, it is so nice to meet you!" Regulus's said putting his hand out, Euphemia took it but instead of shaking it she pulled him in for a hug.

"So polite! But please just call me Euphemia or something to make me sound young."

"Yes ma'am!" Regulus already loves her hugs.

"Oh and who's this?" She asked looking at Hippo.

"That's Hippo, she's my cat. I promise she'll stay out of the way-"

"Oh sweetie you worry to much we love animals here and when James was a boy he had a pet fish but he was so scared of it it had to stay in my room! So we ended up getting goats." She said making Regulus laugh.

"Mom! Ru was a scary fish! She hated me!" James said dramatically.

"No she was a sweet little thing. Here let's get inside I have already started on breakfast." Euphemia said opening the door for them to walk inside. "So I didn't know if y'all where comfortable sleeping in the same room yet, well I didn't know if you where ready Regulus cause James doesn't mind sharing a bed, so I prepared two rooms."

"We can share ma'am, but thank you." Regulus replied.

"Ok you two will be staying in James's old room. I'll go finish breakfast while you two settle in." She said walking to the kitchen.

"Well shall we?" James asked in a horrible British accent.

"We shall." Regulus said dramatically taking James's hand. James pulled him upstairs into a room filled with soccer, basketball, and band posters. It was warm and homey looking. Regulus put Hippo down on the bed then plopped down next to her.

"Are you tired?" James asked laying down next to him.

"Nooooo I'm just not completely awake." Regulus replied snuggling closer to James.

"Wait we can sleep after breakfast my mom makes the best homemade biscuits!" James said tickling Regulus.

"I will hit you if you keep tickling me." Regulus said trying to contain his laughter. James kept tickling him until Regulus sung his arm in James's direction. "Woah I didn't think you'd actually swing."

"Hmph! I am going to unpack." Regulus's said opening his bag. Once they where both unpacked Regulus looked at James, "my love can you come here real quick?"

"Sure babe," James said noticing Regulus's French accent got a little thicker, James loved it when Regulus didn't try to hide his accent. Regulus wrapped his arms around James's neck giving him a passionate kiss.

"What that for?" James asked grinning.

"For loving me." Regulus replied stealing another kiss. James wrapped his arms around Regulus and deepened the kiss to the point they where making out. After about a minute Regulus removed his arms and slipped out of James's grasp.

"We just started why are you leaving?" James asked.

"Payback, you tickled me and you said your mother is a lovely cook so why don't we go eat." Regulus said grinning evilly he gave James a kiss on the cheek then walked to the kitchen leaving James in shock. James stood there for a few seconds then ran downstairs to see Regulus helping his mom make something. James's heart melted as he walked over wrapping his arms around Regulus from behind. "Your a jerk." James whispered into Regulus's ear making Regulus snort.

"James go make the table please." Euphemia said preparing the last bits. Regulus finished the bacon and took plates full of food to the table. Euphemia brought in the last plate as James and Regulus where sitting down.

"It looks lovely Ms. Potter!" Regulus's said admiring the food.

"My name's Euphemia and thank you love! But it doesn't just look good it taste good too, dig in!"

"Yes ma'am." Regulus's said and everyone started making their plate. Regulus ended up getting half as much food as James and Euphemia.

"No wonder you are skin and bones dear you need to eat more." Euphemia said.

"I'm fine ma'am." Regulus said looking down. His mother would never let him eat much during any meal so it kind of just stuck.

"It'll take time dear but staying here you will start eating more." Euphemia said sternly.

"I'll try ma'am." Regulus's said this was the closest thing he had to a mother figure so he didn't want to disappoint her.

"Just don't get sick."

The three are talking and laughing together. James was so happy that Regulus and his mom got along well. This was one of the best days of his life. After breakfast James and Regulus went to take a nap laying peacefully in bead. While Hippo sat with Euphemia watching cooking shows and crocheting.

982 words

Hey! I know this chapter is short but it only took me one day to do so yay! I have been taking like 4 days per chapter and I just published a chapter for another story which took forever. Anyways how's your day been going?

Now for the joke of the day!

Why do we tell actors to break a leg?

Because every play has a cast! 🤣

Ok bye now! Love y'all! 💙💜💗