Chapter 18

James and Regulus decided on going to Olive Garden to eat. Regulus got soup making James roll his eyes, and James got pasta. Once they where leaving the restaurant hand in hand, a woman stopped them, "y'all are just the cutest couple! Hope y'all are having a good day." The woman had blue hair and a boho-hippie style.

"We are having an amazing day, how 'bout you?" James asked.

"Life's working me hard but I wouldn't ask for it any other way!" She smiled, Regulus didn't understand how people could be this happy all the time. "I'm James and this is Regulus!"

"Hi." Regulus reached his hand out for a handshake, the woman took it. "I am Candice, well I must be off, Goodbye!" Candice chirped.

"Bye, have a nice day!" James and Regulus said then walked to the car. The drive was pretty quiet until Regulus spoke up, "hey James?"

"Yes sugarplum?" James asked looking at Regulus.

"I love you so much." Regulus said softly, James grinned. "I love you 3,000."

"If you ever make an iron man quote again I will never say 'I love you' again." Regulus rolled his eyes.

"But I am unpoetic and unoriginal! You expect me to think of something romantic to say?"

"Romantic? You call something an eight year old said in a super hero movie romantic?" Regulus asked.

"Indeed." Was all James said. The rest of the car ride was filled with light bickering. "LOOK! LOOK WE ARE-"

"Yell one more thing and see what happens." Regulus scowled.

"Buuuut baaaaaabe-"

"Nope."

"Fine!" James huffed, "lets go get tickets." James drove up to the ticket booth to see Quill standing there playing with her hair and chewing on gum. "Got anymore gum?" James asked.

"James, Regulus! How are y'all? Oh and here want some Regulus?" She asked getting her gum packet out.

"Sure, thanks and we are doing great how about you?" James and Regulus took a piece of gum.

"I'm fine, my parents are overworking me but it's whatever."

"You think any work is overwhelming." James teased.

"Shut up and give me the money!" James handed her the ticket money, then drive to a parking spot. Once everything was set up and all the blankets where placed James and Regulus curled up in the back off the car. Regulus was basically being a koala bear wrapped around James. James laid his head on top of Regulus's fluffy hair. The movie they where watching was the live action Beauty and the Beast. Regulus shivering near the middle of the movie so, with consent, James pulled him into his lap, curling his body around the younger bloke. James was in tears by the end, his arms wrapped tightly around Regulus. Regulus was half asleep, Sirius went threw a Beauty and the Beast faze when the first started talking again so he had seen the movie plenty of times. "Regulus this is the fourth most emotional movie I have seen!" James gasped as the got back seated in the front seats of the car again.

"Fourth?"

"Yes, high school musical one, two, and three come first." James said matter of factly.

"I don't know Finding Nemo is pretty emotional." Regulus said sarcastically. James gasped dramatically acting hurt, "how dare you say anything about that train wreck when High School Musical is a WHOLE ASS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!"

"Mhm I bet."

"You know what?!"

"What?" Regulus was trying not to laugh at this point.

"You have lost speaking privileges! So shut up!" James exclaimed.

"Alright." Regulus snickered, James sighed dramatically.

Five minutes later

James's ADHD was kicking in he needed to start a conversation. "Hey Detective Clouseau?" No response.

"Cutie?"

Nothing.

"Sugarplum?"

Nothing.

Then in the sexiest voice James could make he said, "so I was sitting there, barbecue sauce on my titties." Regulus snorted. "What the front door?"

"You wouldn't respond to me, I needed attention." James batted his eyes innocently.

"You're an idiot you know that?" Regulus was still laughing.

"I know." James smiled, Regulus rolled his eyes. "Hey Reg?"

"Yeah babe?"

"Want to get ice cream? You did take your lactaid stuff right?"

"Sure, and yeah I did. Ice cream honestly sounds amazing right now." Regulus replied. The drove down to the ice cream shop walking in. The walked up to the store clerk, "James! Your back in town! How have you been my boy?" Said a short and kinda stubby old man, he had a great beard.

"I've been doing great! How's your wife?" James asked concern filling his eyes.

"She's fighting, she got to come home a few days ago and she's making steady progress."

"That's great! Soon she'll be back in the classroom yelling at kids." James grinned.

"Yes sir! No Who is this fine lad?" The man asked pointing at Regulus.

"This is Regulus my boyfriend!" James chirped. The man narrowed his eyes and took a closer look at Regulus. Regulus was almost shaking he was so nervous. "Hmmm, James keep your mouth shut he needs to answer the next few questions himself." James nodded. "Age?"

"24." Regulus replied a challenging look on his face as he looked at the man although on the inside he was scared to death.

"Job?"

"Detective."

"Tell me how you feel about James?" Regulus's eyes softened. "He's my light, without his off tune singing, random bear hugs, overly energetic self, I wouldn't be alive I would be stuck in a bad situation. Plus I love everything about him from the people he surrounds himself with to his dorky movie choices it all makes him, him and he isn't scared to show it. That's how I feel about him."

"Aww ba-"

"Shut up James I'm not done." The man said. "That was a good answer, who where you raised by?"

"Myself." Regulus's whole face saddened for a millisecond before he was back to normal.

"Hmmm alright, last question where do you see yourself in five years?"

"In a nice house, still a detective doing what I love, married to James, two kids. The smell of pumpkin spice filling the rooms. Going to my children's ball games and performances." Regulus replied.

"You passed now give Mr. Berry a hug." The man opened his arms wide a smile spreading on his face. Regulus gave him a hug absorbing the warmth. "Go get some ice cream tonight it's on the house!" He declared. James and Regulus thanked him then walked over to the ice cream, James wrapped his arms around Regulus's waist. "Do you know everyone in this town?"

"Most of them I only grew up here so I got around and when my father, Fleamont, died Mr. Berry took me in basically."

"That's sweet." Regulus replied grabbing two cups and giving one to James. He ended up getting a coffee flavored one and putting some Reese's in it. James got pineapple and mixed Nerds in it. Once they paid they sat down on an outside bench looking at the stars.

1163 words

Hey I bet y'all weren't expecting a double update and an fluffy one at that! Well I don't have much to say this time cause I am tired so here's the joke of the day!

What's a ghost's favorite dessert?

Boo-berry pie 🥧

Y'all I love pie, especially lemon pie. Mmmmmm it is so good I can't even.

Love y'all, bye!

-Maggie